cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it another day :)

marilyn_marmac
0 13 34

One day at a time.  Breath in...Breath out...Breath in...Breath out....I can do this, I've did it for 13 days now and I can do it for another day. Tomorrow, I'll tell myself it's been 14 days and I can make it through 1 more.  One day, I'll tell myself it's been a month and I can do 1 more! May that cycle continue forever, even when I'm feeling weak.  I don't know why, but today is a hard one. I don't have a reason, no stress or anything that should make this day harder, but it is. So today, I'll spend all my extra time on Ex and soak up the knowledge that is shared in the blogs and sites.

13 Comments
smorgy8513

OK, I'll take 3 slow breaths with you.....Breathe, Breathe, Breathe.    Ok now, I don't think there needs to be 1 specific thing that makes a day tough.   Just keep doing what you're doing...1 day at a time.     

Congrats on day 13!

rizza

Yes Yes Yes, you can do this and you WILL! 

I was stuck by something you wrote.  I don't have a reason, no stress or anything. 

I used to light up and say it was because i was stressed out, upset or something. None of it  is a reason, all of it is an excuse. But we say it is because of  something , so that we don't have to feel worse than we already do. 

YOu have 13 DAYS! That is ALL THE REASON YOU NEED NOT TO SMOKE! 

Rooting for you!

Michwoman

That's how it's done! One day, one hour, one breath at a time! Keep up the good work!

rizza

Smorgy , I so like what you wrote!

Nyima_1.6.13

Big congratulations! No matter what causes a difficult day you know that smoking will only make your day worse! It is not an option! Coming here is a wonderful choice to help you get through those rough periods! You can do this and you will get stronger every day!

marilyn_marmac

Smorgy, Rizza, Michwoman, Nyima....Thank you!  So strange that I'm not sharing my real feelings of weakness with my husband, he wouldn't understand, yet I have found a group of people on this site that have become my lifeline. 

Rxbecca1981

The days will get easier. I had to do one minute at a time at some points in my quit. You can do this! Don't give up now when you've been doing so well! Keep breathing and keep your focus on something positive or fun. My go-to was a puzzle book. It really helped to keep me distracted. Keep up the good work!!

TigerLadie

Good Morning marmac!!!!  YOU ARE DOING THIS!!!!!   Another smoke free day..  sometimes you will have days that seem worse... for no reason at all.... but you tackle it just like you did all the others..... have you been given the allen carr book yet?  we talked but I don't think we talked about that.... this book is 111 pages... .very simple read but it helped me to change how I thought about smoking.. and quitting... I would love it if you would read it.... here is the link...

ALLEN CARR'S EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Jordan-11-1-12

marmac, PLEASE read the link that Tigerladie gave you above!  That book, read with an open mind, can do so much to make quitting easier.  I know that I wouldn't have been able to stay quit without it! And I'm not the only one.

You are doing GREAT!! One day at a time, and each night that you go to bed smoke free is a victory. The first two weeks are the hardest and you're making it through them.  Remember that you're not alone, we're all here for you and we DO understand. Most of all, remember that YOU CAN DO IT!  You ARE doing it..... and you deserve to be free of this.  I promise that it gets better!!!

motherlovebone

Keep on keeping on, marmac!  Breathing is the best crave buster there is for me.  You are totally doing this.  xoxo Kristin

wishingstar

Deep breaths do help alot, your doing great.  Try not to over welm your self, with counting ahead.  I fond it easier to do it one minute, 1 hour and 1 day at time. Wishing you many more!!

Renee 22 days

kathy_ryz

At 43 days quit I still sometimes do one minute at a time! It is so very worth it! Congratulations to you!!!

marilyn_marmac

Thanks all!!! I'm still reading ALLEN CARR'S EASY WAY TO STOP SMOKING. After the stroke, it takes me a while to get through information...but, from what I've read so far, it's well worth reading. The post helped a lot as well and I made it through another day 🙂 Almost at my 2 week anniversary and you know something, while I know that I will have my days of wanting to smoke so bad I could cry...I KNOW I won't give in. I think I've got this 🙂 Remind me I said that the next time I'm ready to yank the cigarette out the mouth of a stranger and run with it...LOL