cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made It...Crawling On My Hands And Knees

Mamagrillz13
8 9 112

Whew! What a week! I made it through a full work week with no cigarettes! 9 days, 19 hours, and 27 minutes since I waved bye-bye to my old friend. Today, I've missed that buddy of mine. For some reason, I've really struggled with myself and my thoughts. I guess part of it was being really busy with work and not having much opportunity to distract my hands and thoughts. I did get a chance to wrap some Christmas gifts and it cleared those ugly, smokey, stinky thoughts from my head. 

So, yes, I made it to the end of the day but, I do feel like I'm struggling across the line of this day on my hands and knees. My support system has been amazing today! My daughter randomly told me she's proud of me for not smoking and that I'm doing good. Understand that she's 30 with Down Syndrome so, this was a really big deal for me. My husband sent me a text telling "you've got this and it does get easier." This is not a man that cheers on other people so, again, this was a really big deal. Not to mention, he quit 14 years ago and I feel like he knows what he's talking about! 

I'm not all glitter, sparkles, rainbows, and positive vibes today. But, I am real. I am honest. And, I am smoke-free. 

Thank you to all of my EX-ers on here that have been amazing since before I put out my last smoke. I appreciate you!

Lisa

9 Comments
About the Author
I'm a mom of 3 adult children, LaLa to one amazing grandson, wife of a fisherman, with two kitties, and one dog. I started smoking at 15 to impress a boy. Now, I'm married to that boy and he stopped smoking 14 years ago. I haven't been so lucky and am ready to make this adventure stick!