cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

MY PURPLE EYE

froguelady
0 9 53

Hi everyone, it's been quite awhile since I have blogged.  I really haven't been here much as in warm weather I am outside most of the day which accounts for my purple eye that will probably turn black.  The weed eater doesn't like me it seems. Something flew out from under the cover and hit my eye right above where my glasses were and I have my first purple eye. But I won't smoke over it.

I see so many new people here and I wish everyone success with their quit.  The most important thing is to educate yourself and listen to the "Elders and Experts" here, they will help you have a much easier quit if you follow their advice.  You must also "commit" to quit.  No smoking for any reason as there is never a reason to smoke only an excuse.  Smoking will never fix a problem for you but can cause you plenty of them.

Everyone have a good smoke free evening.

Betty

Quit 3/16/11

9 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you - sorry about the purple eye.  You do know you have to make up a better story than THAT to tell the folks who ask - right?  Like, the horse you were racing bumped into yours , caused yours to rear back and tumble you off?!!!    Or - you misjudged the last hurdle and didn't quite clear it - or your fencing mask came askew ---- or......................

😉

Nancy

wishingstar

Ouch, hope it heals fast . Thank you the info. I will leasson and I didand will keep educating myself, Day 5 just about over

Renee day 5

Nyima_1.6.13

Miss you here but happy to hear you're enjoying yourself outside! War wound, ouch!

JonesCarpeDiem

bumped in to that fossilized okra bush did you?

kris54

Betty... So sorry you injured your eye!!  Thank God you had glasses on!!  

So good to see you here!  I have trouble getting online also... I just work to late an I am tired when I get home!  I do pop on at work occassionally to make sure everyone is ok!

Love you bunches!  Take care beautiful lady ❤️

jojo_2-24-11

Hello Betty, It's always so nice to see you! Have a wonderful weekend. ❤️

ShawnP

Omg Betty! Hope its feeling better for you. I have to go out and do some planting today.Lovin' the beautiful sun!

Giulia

Awwwww for that purple eye.  You gotta make up a good story about it.  Like you got into a fight trying to beat up a smoker!  By the way, when I weed wack I wear a plexiglass face shield.  Aside from the rocks that fly up, there's a lot of poison ivy around here and that keeps it outta my face.  Here's a link to what it looks like.  I highly recommend it!  Happy weekend to you!

Face Shield

mayagg

So sorry about your eye... I'm outta' commision next week with cataract surgery. Be well smoke-free. Hugs.

About the Author
Gone but Not Forgotten. RIP - they leave a legacy of their quit journeys behind as road maps for future members, to prevent the pitfalls, provide the tools and show the hope and possibilities for success at overcoming this addiction at any age at any stage. Mother, grandmother and great grandmother My name is Betty and I was born and raised in Kentucky where tobacco was a way of life. I started smoking full time by age 14. The first time I can remember smoking I was 9. I have been on the road to quitting for several years. I quit once for 6 weeks and then thought I would smoke just one. It only took a few weeks till I was smoking full time again. That is why remembering NOT ONE PUFF EVER is so important. It will never be just one puff or just one cigarette. Nicotine addiction doesn't work like that, it is an addiction, feed it and you become addicted. Here are a couple of links to reading materials that I recommend to ALL who would like to quit smoking: What to Expect in the First Four Months (by Jonescarp aka Dale): http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/blog/read/3713880/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months The "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" by Allen Carr.