Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

MRI and other News

Thomas3.20.2010
6 14 130

Yesterday was a big day for me.

I had my first MRI on my brain tumor but I also had my first day with my portable oxygen concentrator. I worked a full shift with no heavy tanks and no regulators that broke. I can't tell you how much of a relief it is to pick up my 4 lb poc and go! 

MRIs are not fun but they are doable. I have the ability to bring myself to another space in my mind and the noise was barely noticed. Before I knew it - it was over.

Today I go back to exercise, back to AlAnon and I will remember Leonard Nimoy's 88th Birthday! It's bound to be a great day! 

Remembering Leonard Nimoy On His 88th Birthday | TREKNEWS.NET 

When you quit smoking you create a new lifestyle. My Family, my Friends, my Self Care are all activities I put aside for Sickerettes. Now I have time for all of it!

LLAP

pastedImage_4.jpg

14 Comments
Barbscloud

That's great getting the portable concentrator.  It give you much more freedom.   When do you hear about the MRI?

Barb

sweetplt

Praying for good news dear Thomas3.20.2010 

Have a good day ~ Colleen 114 DOF 

Barbara145

Good morning Thomas.  You are amazing.  Prayers for your MRI results.  Have a blessed day.

YoungAtHeart

SO good to see you this morning!  You made my (smoke free) day!

MarilynH

Love prayers and hugs coming your way Thomas along with lots and lots of positive vibes, it's really good to see you today because you made my day so much brighter .

Ladybug--7-3-12

I'm surprised you were not given an Imogen before this especially since you are still working.  That is just terrific!  Everyone on 24/7 oxygen deserves this life changing product to be made available to them.  

Thoughts & prayers continue.  Keep the faith.  Believe that we are never given more than we can handle.  Breathe.  Breathe.  Breathe.   

indingrl

Dear Thomas what does LLAP mean?  Thank you fir sharing great news about portable oxygen- MY friend has one it is so light! I am glad for YOU and In HIS love I love you. I Google and learnef it means -  LIVE LONG AND PROSPER - Spock saying - who you like and so on.  Laughing out loud- I love plain donuts too!

elvan

I am so glad you got the portable oxygen concentrator, I cannot imagine trying to wield an oxygen tank around and wonder if the regulator is going to be accurate.  I love how you are able to go into a different space to get through an MRI, I am not there yet, my claustrophobia is ridiculous but you give me hope...come to think of it, you ALWAYS give me hope.  May Leonard Nimoy RIP, it is hard for me to visualize Mr. Spock ever smoking.  

indingrl‌ I believe LLAP means Live Long And Prosper.

Have a truly beautiful day.

Ellen

Giulia

What a load must be lifted (in more ways than one) having that lighter weight machine.  I'm so glad you got it!  Prayers continuing for good results from the MRI.  

maryfreecig

Thanks for the updates-- MRI and easier Oxygen machine. Prayers for continued strength as you go forward. 

Sootie

I'm so glad you got the portable oxygen. I see it advertised on commercials and wondered why you did not have it.......it must be life changing. MRI's are scary so I am glad yours is done.

Stac2

Dear Thomas please know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers!  I am so grateful for your friendship and for all of the things you taught me on my quit journey.  Thank you for being a huge part of helping me reach my six year anniversary last week!  Yaaaaaaay!  Love and big ole Texas hugs, Stacie

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, our Texas gal!  WOW - SIX years?  I guess I was quite a newbie, too, when you joined.  I will have SEVEN in July!

I hope you are well, and enjoying your smoke free life!

Love ya', girl!

Nancy

KMC56

Continued prayers for you and all you are ensuring...and succeed in!!

~Kathy

About the Author
63 years old. 20 year smoker. 11 Years FREE! Diagnosed with COPD. Choosing a Quality LIFE! It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. -Galatians 5:1