cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Love having control of my life back :)

dlv
0 9 19

Exactly 1 month & 4 days ago I started my journey to become smoke free, I started my journey with 2 cigarettes in a pack, a very large glass jar, a ton of candy, & the 21mg patch.  I am now over a month smoke free, still have the 2 cigarettes in the pack, have a jar full of money, & I am now down to the 14mg patch... & of course I still have tons of candy every where.. lol

Alot of you may wonder why I have kepted 2 cigarettes in a pack during my journey? The truth is when you are trying to stop smoking, there is always going to be temptation.. so I put those 2 cigarettes in a place that I walk by several times a day, I really needed to see how bad my temptation would get, much to my surprise not my temptation nor my cravings ever got me to smoke those cigarettes. they will remain where I put them, because I have control over them now!!!

My first week of quitting was horrible, headaches, nightmares, cold sweats, totally drained, sick to my stomach, & feeling so lost.. I will never go through that again.

The hard part for me is the habit.... it seems everything I use to do involved having a cigarette in my hand. I am getting better though.. one day at a time.

I really like the idea of my money jar filling up.. lol I have saved over $150.00!!!!!! Plus every time I get a craving I put a dime in my jar... I am going to buy my Grandchildren a trampoline with all the money I am saving 🙂

Every day I say to myself; N.O.P.E. = Not One Puff Ever.....

9 Comments
newlife5

everything you said is good... c ongratulations by the way...but when you gonna get rid of that garbage...those cigarettes aint nothing but garbage..once yo finally get rid of the addiction you have no use for them...you should throw them out...THEY ARE TRASH

prjimm01

everybody has to do it their way and your way is working for you so good on you!  I am proud of you!

I go to the 14 mg patch in two days - did you notice any difference??

John10forteen

What an amazing quit, Fantastic. You've almost broke your bond with those things but I believe you are still holding onto a small thread secured to a huge emotional anchor. You have performed an amazing feat by proving to yourself that you could swim STRONGLY with those anchors.

Amazing, Great job......

Those 2 ciggs served thier purpose but I think you should consider cutting free from that anchor because one day a storm may be so strong you will barely be able to stay afloat, no matter how strong you are and just the extra weight of those anchors...... well ...just saying.

Can't get rid of them..... spray paint them GOLD and then with a red paint pen write your quit day on them, But do it soon.

The important thing is your fantastic quit. AWESOME, good 4 u.

hampton

You're blog made me smile. keep doing what you're doing. I think It's a great idea. Keep our enemie's close. 🙂 Peace~Deborah

JonesCarpeDiem

Danger Zone

Many people drop the ball and go back to smoking during the next 3 months due to overconfidence and unexpected cravings. Watch yiour back the next 100 days.

JonesCarpeDiem

PS Stale cigarettes taste horrible : -)

Cindy210

I don't remember how many cigs are left in my cigarette case, but they are in my car, in the console and have been there for the last 79 days.  Since I never smoked in this car, I have to think and plan before I could smoke.  If I'm at home, I have to go out in the cold/wet to get them.  And then they would be very stale - having suffered the high and low temperatures for the last 2 1/12 months!  Knowing they were there kept the power to smoke or not smoke within me and not a bizarre sense of deprivation.  When I tell myself no and try to remove all sources, my alter ego kicks in and challenges my resolve.  Keeping the case in the car has been good for me.  Your blog has me verbalizing what I had kept secret.  I had given the last 2 packs from a carton away at Christmas, but I've held on to whatever is in the car.  I believe that since I am able to share this with you, I have broke one more chain the nicodemon had on me.  WOW!  Another milestone to celebrate!!!

JulieSw

Congratulations on your quit !!!   I also have some "leftover" cigarettes sitting in my kitchen. All the other times I've tried to quit, I resented the fact I didn't have any so this time I decided they would be right there where I could see them, no more resenting that I couldn't have one if I wanted to. That was 354 days ago and they are still there, very stale I'm sure but still there. Will I throw them out? In 11 days 🙂 

keep up the good work 🙂

dlv

Thank you all for your support!!! And congrads to all of you for success 🙂

I see many of you disagree wiith my 2 cigarettes, but they are here to stay!! When I look at those cigarettes they remind me of how far I have come, they remind me of where I never will be again, they remind me of how I had to wash everything in my house because it had a nasty smoke smell to it... they remind me they had total control over my life!!! They remind me of how much of my money went up in smoke...   Whether  you have cigarettes in your house or not, if choose to light up again you will. My choose is to be smoke free... I can look at those 2 cigarettes a thousand times a day, & I sure can tell them they lose... I win...  I am a very confident person, & my will power is even greater.. I never made excuses why I smoked, stress, bored, etc... I smoked because I choose to, & now I choose to be smoke free....