cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Loosing it

agatka79
0 18 23

I was so determined to stop smoking again. However, I noticed that the more I wait, the more I don't want to quit. One of the resons is that I am scared I will fail and eventually will have that one cigarette. Now I am still reading quit smoking on line. I know that I need to stop smoking, I know it is not good for my health...and I do have good reasons to quit...I don't know what happened with my determination...I am just loosing it 😞

18 Comments
cloud51

i no that so well, because of that thinnking i put it off for years, wish i didn't there is nothing to be afraid of the addiction is so in the mind, to me the physical wasn't the hard part, it was the battle in my mind, got to get that right mind set, i read that Allen Carr book and that got me off and running never looked back.. you can do this, and it can be easy if you let it. just keep coming on here and reading blogs, and write them, and realize pretty much all smokers want to quit, why because it really just hurts you it is a addiction, we really don't want to smoke. you are on your way just keep reading, i will pray for you too.

JonesCarpeDiem

Didn't you make it a week without nicotine the first quit here?

JonesCarpeDiem

If that's rue, you made it through the worst of the physical addiction.

Listen, you sound like you take care of yourself in most waysw, why do you want to keep killings yourself.

THAT"S WHAT I WOULD BE AFRAID OF!

JonesCarpeDiem

Smoking will shorten your life or the quality of it.

Look at how you're talking

It already controls you.

Get A Grip

JonesCarpeDiem

I'm telling you. SMOKING WRECKS YOUR BODY

It isn't just your lungs

I am on the verge of esophageal cancer.

Smoking weakens the muscles around the opening to the stomach and the acid starts coming up and changes the cells completely and, to precancerous cells.

Everytime you smoke a cigarette your heart races.

It hardens your arteries

tip of the icberg

I have known people  who have had to have their legs amputated from years of smoking

jacks1125

You really do have to make a decison ,it appears that it is making you very depressed. and cauing you a lot of pain.  You are a winner act like it, and just do it. I had the same fears,but eventually I just let go and let God, who likes to be in pain, I don't!!

LouiseR
Keep coming here and read, its not easy to quit but very doable, it gets better and better. Smoking helps absolutely no situation, it really causes more stress. We are here to help you. You want to quit so do it and we will be here to help!
smorgy8513

You need to want to be free more than you want anything else in your life.    Others before you have done it and you can do it too.     Read Sheryl's blog.....read a whole bunch of blogs today and decide you want to live!

Michwoman

Have you read the Allen Carr book? It's all about how to handle the very fear you have. You CAN do this!!!

Michwoman

By the way - Nothing personal, but I can tell you that you smell AWEFUL!!!

YoungAtHeart

I like this quote by Henry Ford, and hope it might be helpful to you:

"If you think you can or think you can't, you are right."

Think you CAN!

Nancy

DebiD

Nothing in your post gave me the impression that you're even ready to quit. Stop the internal debate with yourself and take a deep breath. Educate yourself and read all you can. Once you have all your facts, it makes quitting that much easier. Quit when you're ready and stop beating yourself up. You can do it!

ladybeth1-10-14

Read Allen Carr's book or go to quitsmokingonline.com and read... If you've already read them, re-read them again....

If you REALLY want to quit, then get out of your own way and just DO it!!

It's like I've said, to myself and to others, since my 2nd day of being nicotine free ~

"Having zero nicotine in one's system hasn't actually killed anyone, but how many people have died by putting nicotine INTO their system?"

Seriously think about that question/statement.

moody_9-18-13

Interesting, all these people who have just spent their time posting messages to you because they care about you. They know quitting is doable, but only if you want it. .

When will you care about and love yourself enough to quit?

freeneasy

Do yourself a favor and get it back. You don't have to want to quit just be willing to quit. When you quit you have to to Want to keep your quit!

agatka79

I would like to thank everyone for responding to my post. Also, thank you for being here with me. I know I can count on all of you in time of need. 

Sootie

Planning to quit is very recommended by this site and by lots of smoking cessation sites. But you sound like you may have my personality....I really do not like "anticipating" something that may be difficult. I like to just do it. We all have different personalities, I believe I never would have quit if I had "planned".

For me (and maybe for you) quitting is like trying to start swimming in cold water. Now a lot of people will inch in....they will get wet up to their thighs and then wet their arms...then bob up and down a few times. then, maybe they will paddle around a bit and finally....they will put their head in and swim. Me? I would NEVER be able to get in that way.....I have to dive in head first. It is the only way I can do it.

So, maybe stop over thinking it? Your first insticnt was the right one...it is exciting and great to be free of nicotine. It is hard but doable.

So---c'mon in.......the water's fine........DIVE!

joyeuxencore