cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Looks like a new place here

Debi12
3 12 171

I see once again everything has changed here.  I hope the new people here will find the website as helpful as I did back in November of 2009.  I can hardly believe so much time has passed since the last time I smoked a sickarette.  I found so many people I could connect with and we all encouraged each other getting through the temporary tough moments and cheering each other on.  I wanted to stop by and read a few blogs and check out the place.  I am not sure how to message or say Hi to everyone.  Just wanted to tell the new people here just beginning to hang in there!  You can do it!  I told myself that smoking again was just not an option anymore.  I will admit I had some rough days here and there, but what helped me so much was coming here and messaging friends or reading encouraging blogs.

My name used to be Debi here, now I guess it has been changed to Debi12  

I want to wish all much success in your mission to quit smoking!

12 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Good To See You. Thanks For The Inspiration.

(your name has been changed to protect the innocent  🙂   )

Jennifer-Quit

Hello - it is good to hear from you!

Debi12

It is great to see you are still here helping others!!  

Debi12

Hello - Thank you Jennifer!

Sootie

Hi Debi!!!  So good to see you. I was hoping the November to Remember Group would stop by and check out the new place. It is different!!!  But you will figure it out as you go along.  Hope all is well.  

Debi12

YoungAtHeart

Good of you to come back to share your success story with those who follow in your footsteps...and thanks for staying to figure out how to get your encouraging words out there. 

This place creates a continuing chain of friendship that stretches over the years.  It's kinda' like veterans who stay in touch with those who they have fought beside! 

Great to see you!

Nancy

Debi12

Hi Sootie, it is great to see you are here and still helping new quitters along!  It does look pretty different here but I'm sure it is better now than before.  I hope all is well with you, everything is good with me.  I am so glad I quit smoking when I did!  I know being a part of this website and being a member or the "November to Remember Gang" of 09 was a big part of my success! 

Debi12

Thank you Youngatheart.7.4.12!  It is good to see you, it is so helpful to have people here who continue to help the new quitters along their own quit smoking journey.  Thank you for all you do!

Giulia

Hey Debi!!!!   Looooooong time.  So glad you're still smoke free - what almost 8 years now!  Stick around, keep passing on your quit wisdom.  (BTW, everybody had to  have a unique username when the site moved, there must have been 11 other Debi's that had signed up.)  Great that you dropped in to share your continued success!

Debi12

Hello Guilia!!  So good to see you here also!!!  Yes, it will be 8 years in November, where has the time gone!   I do remember a few other Debi's back in the day here.  Debi12 will work for me fine.  I will try and check in from time to time!

Best to you Guilia.....take care!

elvan

What a lovely blog, thank you for checking on all of us and for helping the newbies to know that life most definitely does go on and that we can be happy and healthy and grow every smoke free day!

Ellen

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Debi12‌ I just came across this post now. Sorry for not replying before. Before we moved users could have duplicate usernames on the old site but with the new community site everyone had to have a unique username so that @mentioning others would work.

Prior to the move we reached out to everyone to let them know they could pick a new username that was unique. Those who didn't pick a new one by the deadline would be assigned a new one, often by appending a number to the end of their duplicate username in chronological order based on the first person who joined the site with that username. You must have been the 13th Debi to join the site

If you want a new unique username , fill out the form  and I'll help get it changed.

Mark
EX Community Manager

About the Author
I quit smoking on November 17, 2009 I am grateful I quit and will never smoke again. I was a member here back then, my profile says different but that's okay.