cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Longtime Quit-12 years

Sylvia_Deitz
8 12 345

Happy 4th Everyone!  It's been a long time since I've come on here, but I just want everyone to know that it is possible to attain your goal of becoming an Ex smoker. I've made it 12 years now.  My quit date was Sept., 11, 2011.  I really needed this site to help me!  As you can see, it was successful!  I stayed here most of the time for the first few years, but when I could finally say I made it, I didn't get on very often.  When I was more active, I posted a lot of blogs which I hope was helpful to  many of you over the years.  Some of them are still there.  We all need encouragement every day.  Congratulations to all of you who have been successful!  The first few months are the hardest, but you have to believe you can do it.  Hopefully, you haven't been diagnosed with COPD or emphysema which I was back in the beginning of my quit which made me very determined to make it.  Now, after the 12 years smoke free, it's getting worse, but I had a lot of good years after I quit to be pretty healthy.  It didn't get any worse until just the last few months, but then considering, my birthday is July 21, I'll be 80.  I probably wouldn't even still be around if I hadn't quit when I did, so hang in there, everyone!  You can do it!

12 Comments
jenking

Happy 4th!! Great story! I am a little over two months into my quit and love hearing stories from people who have been quit for a long time. Good job! And happy early 80th birthday!!!

Sylvia_Deitz

Thank you so much!  And congratulations on making it 2 months!  That's something to be really proud of!  I know it's been quite a journey for you.  Those first few months are the hardest!  You'll make it, though.  Stay on the site and read all you can.

MarilynH

A super congratulations on your precious quit journey YAY 12 precious smokefree years YAY for each and every YEAR WON! @Sylvia_Deitz 

e56b9b38ea255288af2625b673507862.gif

biscuit9

Good for you for staying quit and committed.  You will be 80 soon, as well?   Happy EARLY birthday celebrations for you.  

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

I remember you.

I am glad you’ve enjoyed 12 years of freedom and realized the blessings of your quit.

maryfreecig

Thank you for sharing your long term quit and how it happened in the first place! Congratulations on 12 years!!! 😀

Barbscloud

@Sylvia_Deitz Congrats on 12 years of success.  Thanks for sharing you quit journey

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sylvia_Deitz Kudos to you on this incredible journey! May your success inspire many others 🙂

- Megan, EX Team

Cousin-Itt

CONGRATULATIONS on your  12 Years of Smoke Free Living

Thank you for sharing

lydiadavis1950

May God bless you and your loved ones! Hey, I’m 73 and my GOOD friends are in their middle to late 80’s. I have 16 days of drug(Nicotine) free addict. No patches no gum, cold turkey. Better late then never, is what I say. You must be a wealth of wisdom and experience 😍

indingrl

Thanks for sharing and being an inspiration to ME. Congratulations 12 nope years and reaching a wonderful age of 80  dear friend @Sylvia_Deitz  i remember you from the old becomeX site in 2011 and I am so glad you're visiting in 2023. I appreciate you.

lydiadavis1950

Love back at you 😘