cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Longtime Quit-12 years

Sylvia_Deitz
8 12 344

Happy 4th Everyone!  It's been a long time since I've come on here, but I just want everyone to know that it is possible to attain your goal of becoming an Ex smoker. I've made it 12 years now.  My quit date was Sept., 11, 2011.  I really needed this site to help me!  As you can see, it was successful!  I stayed here most of the time for the first few years, but when I could finally say I made it, I didn't get on very often.  When I was more active, I posted a lot of blogs which I hope was helpful to  many of you over the years.  Some of them are still there.  We all need encouragement every day.  Congratulations to all of you who have been successful!  The first few months are the hardest, but you have to believe you can do it.  Hopefully, you haven't been diagnosed with COPD or emphysema which I was back in the beginning of my quit which made me very determined to make it.  Now, after the 12 years smoke free, it's getting worse, but I had a lot of good years after I quit to be pretty healthy.  It didn't get any worse until just the last few months, but then considering, my birthday is July 21, I'll be 80.  I probably wouldn't even still be around if I hadn't quit when I did, so hang in there, everyone!  You can do it!

12 Comments