cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

:) Longest day ever! lol

maurac24
0 14 16

Hey folks! Well it's only 10:30 am and it seems like it's going to be a long day....I am gonna keep busy though. Just did my first drive without smoking!! YAY...had lemon water and trail mix with me! that helped for sure. It is sooo hot out that I don't think I could smoke even if was still a smoker! 

xo

Maura

14 Comments
lisa11209

Yay for you!

craftylady

CONGRATS!!  Making up your mind is half the battle!!  YEAH FOR YOU!!!

fresh3

This is your quest, Maura.

You can do this!

kris54

I thought about that...... 'time moving so slowly' after I quit.....  At first..it made me upset.  But then when I went an thought about it a bit... I realized that I loved the idea of having so much more time to do things and not being chained to smoking.

This is definitly a 'mind thing' and the more you learn... the more you arm yourself with knowledge.... the more 'ah ha' moments you will have, realizing that you DO have control over this.  🙂

WTG!  STAY STRONG!!

imadeer

this is your quest...don't follow those butts..

don't ever go backwards...back into that rut

you want to be free...of that drug nicotine

don't be confined once again like a suuuub-marine

From Man Of La mancha

bean5

Congratulations.  As long as you don't "slip", you will NEVER have to go through day 1 again.  Every day that you get through without a smoke, is one day further from this wicked addiction, and one day closer to freedom.  I remember the first 3 months so well because they were so hard.  Not slipping when you think you can't make it is crucial.  You have to get through each and every craving to come out free on the other side.  Stay true to your quit.  YOU CAN DO THIS.  I am one-year quit, and never thought I could do it.  I was a heavy smoker who smoked one every 30 minutes, including during my sleeping hours.  I can tell you that being a non-smoker feels so much better than smoking--even though your mind and body will tell you otherwise throughout this journey.  It is a crazy rollercoaster ride of emotions and your mind will play tricks on you if you let it.  Keep your reasons for quitting close by and psych yourself up every day for your new and wonderful life of freedom.  Congratulations.

Sabine

Yaya2.6.10

Now you know you can drive without smoking.  Other things will follow

Ex_Nancy

Hi Maura! Stay POSITIVE today and keep your sense of humor around...look on the lighter side and laugh at yourself, it REALL helps...here are the coping techniques we use...

Stay close to this site and remember NOPE=Not One Puff Ever...and as long as you stick to this ONE SIMPLE rule, you will win....it the meantime, drink plenty of fresh cold water to rid your body of the toxins,6 smaller, nutritious meals throughout the day to keep your blood-sugar levels steady, (don't diet!)......and it will keep your blood sugar level and the low blood sugar induced fogginess and craves away.

....take big arm STRETCHES as often as needed to relax tense muscles and most importantly, take big DEEP BREATHS TO RELAX AND RELIEVE anger... take a nap, take walks, stay buzy with something you LIKE and brush you teeth immediately after each meal...stick your head in the freezer and DEEP BREATHE....If you bite into a lemon, the smoking thought will be gone instantly...try it, it works......Be prepared in advance for it,not surprised by it...Smoking thoughts only have power when you have fear. Face it head on and do not try to run or hide. You have the strength and power to tell it NO...You have the CHOICE to tell it NO.

Ex_Nancy

REALLY,lol   ;D

maurac24

I am starting to feel pretty proud of myself..not cocky..but proud!! WOW I am proud of making it half a day...I can't even imagine how some of you feel that have quit for YEARS!! 
I have been reading Alan Carr's book today..I really lile the way he frames the addiction and why all the reasons we smoke are so false! 

I keep saying to myself.."I chose not to smoke" " I chose to break this addiction forever"....

maurac24

I can't thank you all enough for sticking by me today! I hope I can be as supportive and encouraging for a new person some day. Becaue TRUST ME this support from all of YOU and this site are really making a big difference! HA...but I am sure you know that!! 😉

kris54

Your doing GREAT!!  Half way through Day 1... that is a BIGGIE!  ♥

YoungAtHeart

CONGRATS!  I wish I could tell you that it gets easier soon - but it really is a thousand battles a day.  I am on Day Four and it almost seems more difficult than Day One - but I am 100% committed.  I am told that it DOES get easier after about a week.  Anyone have thoughts on that?  

kris54

Yes... everyday... it gets easier!!  As your mind...re-learns how to live...without smoking.  🙂