cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Long-term Vision

Storm.3.1.14
0 9 22
  Here are 2 quotes that came across my desk recently, and I just had to share.

1. You move totally away from reality when you believe that there is a legitimate reason to suffer.

2. Emotional pain, fear and anxiety all have a much harder time existing when a long-term vision for a happier future takes over.

These can remind us that suffering our way through quitting is such an unjust way to live. Instead, if our minds open up to the idea that there is only    healing throughout recovery, then every difficult “symptom” that might pop up during our “therapy” is strictly a measure of how much more “emotional exercise” is still needed for the affliction to be overcome. 

And when we are promised that healing    is possible, that recovery    is manageable, that quitting    is doable, for    all of us, for the rest of our lives, then that long-term vision of a better future can elevate our focus higher, and move our hopes forward, to how we want to be living months and years from now.  

“Eyes on the prize”, my friends! 

There is no challenge, crisis, flashback or feeling that I will not gladly embrace and untangle today in order to protect and respect my happier and healthier tomorrow.  

Are you with me? 
9 Comments
Giulia

I'm with you!  I learned a long time ago (but must constantly be reminded of it), that if you look at tough events as learning experiences, it makes them less traumatic.  It simply takes the awareness to be able to step back and say "What am I to learn through this experience?"  Sometimes you don't even know.  Sometimes you just have to trust it's there for your long-term spiritual benefit.  I had no idea how much I would learn by quitting.  That I would become an Elder on a quit site.  That my life would be so enriched by this continuing journey.

shecan14
I look forward to having more than six months smoke free behind me. I'm with you....my long term vision is to walk and breathe and enjoy each precious moment of life. Healing is possible for all of us! Emotional pain is one excuse, I have found myself using for smoking...no more! Thanks, loved the quotes. Hope other's find them useful too, Sheila'
bonnie-12-28-14

Very inspirational!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm In.

sparky26

You are such an inspiration Storm , yes I'm with you.

smorgy8513

Might I respectfully ask if I may walk along side of you in this journey of healing and peace?

Love the content of your blog (but then I always do) and GREATLY, HUGELY, EMORMOUSLY love the last paragraph:    There is no challenge, crisis, flashback or feeling that I will not gladly embrace and untangle today in order to protect and respect my happier and healthier tomorrow. 

May I use that at a later time?

I'm with you Storm......

Love ya Guy!

Sharon

P.S.    You are coming up on the 6% Club in a few days!!!!!!
JulieSw

I'm with you 🙂

almost there my friend 🙂

julie

Strudel

I am with you for sure! 

elvan

I am absolutely with you!

asif

Absolutely, a 100 percent.

This is very very inspirational. Thanks a lot for wonderful blog, Storm.