cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Living the life of freedom!

shashort
10 13 324

Howdy everyone! I know it has been a while since I have been here.  First off, Wow new look in here.  Took me a minute to figure where to blog.  Hope all have been well.  Wowweeeeee today's date snuck right up on me.  Today has been 5 big years that I have not been a slave to the Nico dude and I am enjoying living life of freedom.   5 years is a lot of days without one one single puff off a nasty cigarette and I am darn proud of myself.  It was not a easy journey by all means, but if you set your mind to quit, it is doable and yes you CAN. You have to be willing to go through whatever necessary to get to the other side (the life of freedom). You will be so glad you did.  It is a great feeling to conquer and defeat the Nico demon dude. The feeling of conquer for me made me a stronger woman, I have gained self esteem and confidence in myself. Gave me the feeling of empowerment  and taught me to believe in myself and know I CAN conquer anything I set my mind too.  You CAN defeat and conquer as long as you stick with NOPE (not one puff ever), come here daily and check in, Most important is to come here before you decide to smoke so they can talk you off the ledge.  Tell yourself YES you CAN, I don't that anymore, One day at a time.  Remember stick with NOPE will get you there.

I am very grateful to all those who talked me off ledges, stuck with me when the tough got going, believed in me when I didn't believe in me.  This group really rocks!! I can never say thank you enough for all the love and support you all showed me. Big hugs to all of you.

Sharon

13 Comments
Ex_Nancy

Huge Congrats to you Sharon at 5 years smoke FREE!  😁

3c.jpg

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gifSharon @shashort on 5 years of Freedom...Bravo on a great quit...Glad to see a post from you. I hope all is well in your world. ~ Colleen 892 DOF

MarilynH

A super congrats on your precious quit journey Sharon @shashort it's wonderful to see you and even more wonderful to congratulate you on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 5 precious Smokefree years and counting YAY for each and every YEAR WON with many more to come. 🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉

6179d08adbde7edf72353f1ab6360437.jpg

kristen-9-7-15

Congrats Sharon! 5 years is HUGE!!

Strudel

So great to see you Sharon! Huge CONGRATS on five years!! Wowee! 

JimTaddeo

Congratulations on FIVE years! That's awesome!

FREEDOM ROCKS!

Papa

shashort

Yes Freedom rocks!! Thank you!

Bubbles318

5 years! Wow! Thank you so much for coming here and sharing and inspiring those of us in the beginning of this new life. Lots of 👍🏼 to you! 
🎈💐🎈💐🎈💐🎈💐🎈💐🎈💐🎈

YoungAtHeart

So nice to see that infectious smile on a post!  SO glad you came back to celebrate with us.

I trust your health is good and all the finger/toe surgeries are well past?  Hope so!

Congratulations on FIVE years!  Wishing you many, many more!

Nancy

meWisconsin

Congratulations on 5 years of freedom Sharon. Glad to see you found the new site. Don't be a stranger.

Terry😎

maryfreecig

Yey, Shashort!!! Happy 5 years. Good to hear from you. 🙂

Barbscloud

Congrats on five years @shashort   It's good to hear from you--.   Glad you stopped by to celebrate your success.

Barbscloud_0-1621001184229.jpeg

You were one of my early supporters. Thanks!

Barb

AnnetteMM

Great to see you, Sharon!

AnnetteMM_1-1621002182976.png

About the Author
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am married, a mom to 5 kids and also have 2 fur babies that are both shelties and considered my kids. I have smoked for about 30 years. I came here to learn how to quit and stay quit. I need to quit to impove my health and was tired of nicotine controlling me and Doctors and family nagging me. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now that I have joined in the EX family I now have been free of nicotine since May 13th 2016.