cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Life Path and Decision?

Gail561
7 6 646

When you make up your mind that you are finally truly done with the nicotine habit - it doesn't come overnight. It's a process and can take many years to understand why we smoked and why we finally said enough is enough. It doesn't matter when you  come to the conclusion of being an ex or non-smoker. It's realizing your life is more than the smoke that comes out of a cigarette in straight stream or smoking rings. Some of us used to do smoking rings for fun....You know what smoking isn't fun and I really didn't want to be the person that was going to condemn someone because they still smoke. That wasn't me - when i was finally faced with a life decision to stop. That's when I finally put them down. Everyone road and path is different. We all end up with the same conclusion. Smoking slowly kills us and takes a lot away from us without realizing. Yes I have a husband who smokes on the porch still but doesn't smoke constantly. He smokes away from me. I don't light up anymore as I unfortunately smoking helped caused my chronic illness. I'm not going to blame it completely. How can I blame something that is material and has no feelings. Think about it.... If you are new - read posts and learn what may work for you. If you are not ready ease into this slowly. The choice is yours. I'm happy to not smoke and learned different coping skills. 

6 Comments
About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.