cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Let it go!

green1611
6 6 170

Yesterday visited Farmers Market.  The place is good, no smoking and no pets allowed in the market. Excellent place to visit on Sundays. Lot of energy around, people moving with enthusiasm. The fruits, the vegetables, the flowers, the breads and bakes, the plants are so nicely arranged by sellers and buyers get what they need. I was enjoying roaming around and buying a few things too.

Suddenly I got strong smoking smell, and looked from where it was coming. The seller was smoking cigarette. Hmmm. I do not know what to do. Shall I go and tell that lady to smoke in allotted area for smokers? Shall I tell her to stop smoking, get good help, we have beautiful site like here we are.  Or shall I ask her to refrain from smoking at least in peak market hours here? Many thoughts came in in my mind in a second.

Then I decided to let it go as it is… moved away from that spot.. thinking that few years back I was also addict to nicotine. I might have smoked in prohibited area (not intentionally). I would have bypassed some rules inadvertently. This lady is doing now. Let it go. Just leave it as it is…. hope one fine day she will decide to quit smoking. Let it go.

I relaxed with this thought and had good Sunday later.

6 Comments
About the Author
November 26, 2013 is my quit date. I regard this day as my second birth!. I am doing fantastic after quit. I did it cold turkey. I express my gratitude to EX members and this site for my QUIT.