cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Leaving on a jet plane!

Strudel
0 16 21

Well - I am at the airport in Charlotte waiting to leave for a flight to Cleveland and then on to Las Vegas! I am excited to be going to join the other folks already there! I thought about doing this and then dismissed it as a bit "wild and crazy"! You see, I am not a "wild and crazy" kind of gal! But, since quitting, I consider things a bit longer....so, I decided that it would be so great to be a part of this "first annual" event! How interesting and wonderful -  to meet people - people who were here before me and helped me - and people who came after me and I reached out my hand to in support! 

Now - here is the news - I quit almost three years ago (June 12 will be 3 years) - yet, this is my first time flying since then!! Flying without a big old monkey on my back! I used to be a nervous wreck coming to the airport - I even had to take medication to "calm my nerves"!! Guess what - no meds today!! I am a little nervous - flying isn't my favorite thing to do - but, I am so much calmer than I ever was as a smoker!! Amazing! This freedom never ceases to amaze me!! 

So - here I go - on my big adventure! Hopefully, you will hear from all of us soon! (What are they all doing - I haven't heard anything yet!! They are probably having too much fun!) 

Kathy

16 Comments
Brian100

Hey Kathy - have a great flight - I was like you and freaked out on the way to the airport because I didn't know when I could get my next nicotine hit and I convinced myself I was afraid to fly.  My last flight to Boston we left in a snow storm and I was so calm it didn't bother me in the least.

Post lots of photos and all the gossip please,

nikki77

Tell everyone I said hi!!! Enjoy your trip:) And congratulations!!! I am at 140 days thanks to you!!!

cyn9

Have a great flight and have fun!

Nyima_1.6.13

Have a fabulous time and hugs for everyone!

Michwoman

Have a great time and say hi to everyone for us!

mayagg

Have a wonderful time.

Giulia

WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO.  Just take deep slow breaths.  You remember how to do that!!!! lol   I'm up for skyping when the gang's ready.  You all may be having too much fun for that though!  Cheers!

Ex_Nancy

Have fun Kathy! Misty is already there! (she only posted a pic of the airport that showed a bunch of slot machines and the a pic of the hotel pool, not any Exer pics yet)  😄

Legend

Wow!!!!!!

You are going to have a lot of fun in Las Vegas.  My mom and dad went to Vegas a lot and they brought back a big stuffed white tiger for me from the Siegfried and Roy show when they were performing but they don’t performed anymore last I heard.  My Dad once went to a slot machine and put in 4 dollar coins and he won $8,000.00 and all the lady’s wanted to touch him for good luck. I wish I could go with you but I cant.  I hope you have a lot of fun.

Christine     

Brenda_M

Ooooh, when you get back, you'll have a letter!

Strudel

Thanks everyone! Already in Cleveland - waiting for next leg - 4.5 hours to Vegas - arriving 8:30 their time - 11:30 mine! Sure enough on that first flight - no jitters, no nerves! FREE! 

jojo_2-24-11

YAY Kathy! Enjoy yourself!

ShawnP

oh geez i am too late. Kathy i could reach out and touch ya. I am in cleveland! enjoy your trip

Danno_11-10-12

Awesome Kathy! I love it. I am so excited for you! And like Brian said, post everything!!!! Have a great time!

Sootie

I am GREEN with envy----but so very happy you decided to do this my friend....I KNOW you will have a wonderful time! Hugs to all.....ENJOY!

nanawendy

Have a great time, you deserve it.  Thanks to you I am 138 days smoke free. You have been my rock !!

About the Author
I live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have 2 cats - Monet and Holly. I retired from teaching special education in 2004 and then taught part-time until 2013. I quit smoking on June 12, 2010 after smoking for 40 years! I am amazed daily - still - by the glory of freedom!