cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Leaving on a jet plane!

Strudel
0 16 22

Well - I am at the airport in Charlotte waiting to leave for a flight to Cleveland and then on to Las Vegas! I am excited to be going to join the other folks already there! I thought about doing this and then dismissed it as a bit "wild and crazy"! You see, I am not a "wild and crazy" kind of gal! But, since quitting, I consider things a bit longer....so, I decided that it would be so great to be a part of this "first annual" event! How interesting and wonderful -  to meet people - people who were here before me and helped me - and people who came after me and I reached out my hand to in support! 

Now - here is the news - I quit almost three years ago (June 12 will be 3 years) - yet, this is my first time flying since then!! Flying without a big old monkey on my back! I used to be a nervous wreck coming to the airport - I even had to take medication to "calm my nerves"!! Guess what - no meds today!! I am a little nervous - flying isn't my favorite thing to do - but, I am so much calmer than I ever was as a smoker!! Amazing! This freedom never ceases to amaze me!! 

So - here I go - on my big adventure! Hopefully, you will hear from all of us soon! (What are they all doing - I haven't heard anything yet!! They are probably having too much fun!) 

Kathy

16 Comments
About the Author
I live in Greensboro, North Carolina. I have 2 cats - Monet and Holly. I retired from teaching special education in 2004 and then taught part-time until 2013. I quit smoking on June 12, 2010 after smoking for 40 years! I am amazed daily - still - by the glory of freedom!