cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Learning lessons Pt. 7

Demando
0 10 86
Ok ok ok I know I haven't gone in a few weeks....BUT I went last night and it was one to remember... SO all of ya who love to hear about the painfulness of my hangover are in for a treat.(I'm getting too old for this shit) (Keep in mind i'm only 21) To the point:

If you are going to pregame for the beer buffet do not do so with cheap vodka...If it's in a plastic bottle, it's not going to be pleasant...
If you don't listen to your own advise and do spend 10 bucks on a plastic bottle, you are an idiot...
If it's pouring rain outside, don't be afraid to throw on a sweatshirt in which you can remove once you get there, you don't want to look like a hobo in a hurricane...
If the bar tender says "Where have ya been" when you get inside, you need to stop going to the bar, you might be borderline alcoholic...
Also, if you start referring to yourself as "one of the regulars" that's not cool man, nobody wants to be that guy...
PBR is going to taste just as shitty as the first 100 times you've had it...So quit being difficult and stick to one drink...
Did I mention how dumb it is to play ping pong when you're wasted...I think it's there as amusement...
If you have a sudden urge to play billy joel on the jukebox, it's a phase, and it will pass...Nobody "really" wants to hear the piano man even though they might think they do...
If one of your friends is passing out, don't laugh and make fun of him...You will be there soon as well...
Have you ever heard somebody so drunk that you cannot understand what they are saying? Well have you ever saw two people having a conversation where you can't understand either of them..."my friends", and probably me in a few hours (I don't remember)
21 is the new 24...
If you do start taking jag bombs..well, I love jag bombs so I can't say anything bad about them except that they are terrible for you...
If you get home and pass out in an irregular position, you might have a stiff neck...aka on the stairs.

Well there you have it... As I suffer, you can laugh at my idiotic self, but hey I havn't smoked for like 8 months so bah!

One Love,
-Demando
10 Comments
jennifer53
I think I can relate to almost every single one of your learning lessons. And I am 27...I am getting waaaaaaaaay to old for this shit lol!
Demando
hahahha yeah no doubt!
Demando
hahahha yes! and my stiff neck is doing so so...LOL
chrystal
So can I start calling you "Norm"...because that is the vision I got as you being a "regular"....LOL....Before I had my son I was a "Norm" at many places!!! Truly is a sad thing when you are a regular at a FEW places!!! Go take a shot of that cheap ass vodka...you know a little "hair of the dog" !!! Good luck babe!
Demando
hahaha hair of the dog! thanks Chrystal, that cheap vodka realllly gets ya
chrystal
Tony this is probably going to make so sound so "old" but Billy Joel and woodstock not the same era!!! LOL...
Brenda_M
I LOVE this one:

If the bar tender says "Where have ya been" when you get inside, you need to stop going to the bar, you might be borderline alcoholic...

You need to stop going to THE bar, like THAT bar? So, if you're a borderline alcoholic, it's okay as long as you switch it up? 😃

Also, if you start referring to yourself as "one of the regulars" that's not cool man, nobody wants to be that guy...

NORM!!!
edith2
Why don't you start a side group and call it something like "Party On." Having a hangover has nothing to do with quitting smoking. You're just glorifying getting drunk. I sure don't miss it. I'd rather read how people are quitting smoking.
Brenda_M
Edith, really, this would have been better as a private message or something. It's his blog. He'll write what he wants, even if absolutely nobody wants to read it, which there are obviously people who do. If you'd rather read something else, then go do so. No one forces you to click on this.
Demando
I apologize edith but I think humor is key to staying positive and if somebody can come on here and get a few laughs, well hell, at least it's distracting them from smoking... I'm always here for advice and support towards people and have made a lot of friends on here...I appologize if my blogs offend you...I really do