cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Last Day of the Work Week!

YoungAtHeart
0 4 7

What comes next, you ask?   The weekend!

Don't drink alcohol during this one.  It reduces your ability to negate the voice in your head that "only one won't hurt!"  It will!  Cigarettes always travel in packs, you know.

No excuses!  You have been warned!

Nancy

4 Comments
annimarlee

Yup.  Great advice.  Stayed out too late last night.  Drank.  Only 4 hours of sleep!  But - when I got home last night, my patches had come in the mail.  So I moved my quit date up.  I had it set for the 15th, but today seemed like a great day to do it.  So I put on the patch and skipped the smoke.  I've been thinking I'll skip the alcohol all weekend to help me get a good solid start and to just plain feel better all over.  Thanks for letting this be the first message I saw this morning!

JonesCarpeDiem

no alcohol for me!

Junior7

Non-alcoholic beer for me!

Sammy.J

Yes, so true. Thats how my ruined my first quit. Thanks Nancy for the reminder. Have a wonderful weekend.

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.