cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

LOVE YOU MY DEAR FAMILY

cookie804
0 11 16

I am so sorry that I did not answer my messages from last night or this morning. I am genereally on here bright and early every morning but I checked my bank account and it was still being hacked so I had to be on phone with bank for quite awhile and then I had to go into bank in person and now I need to write a statement on the hacking and email it to Wells Fargo. Will it every end?  I am on day 19 of smoke free and still holding strong. I will not let these thieves steal my freedom. For those who do not know what I am talking about, my bank account was hacked. I have got to meet with State Police also and give them all of information and I know you guys will understand when I say "I love you, thank you for the encouraging and loving messages, and please don't be upset if I can't answer them. I think I have 60 some messages and I read them but to answer them right now I just can't.  Thank God for your love, compansion and understanding.

God bless

Carolyn

11 Comments
swilson2

what a nightmare, so sorry

YoungAtHeart

I am so sorry you have to go through this.  But, please remember, life is always going to happen; it's how we respond that's important!

I am proud of you that you have not used this disaster as an excuse to smoke.

Good job!

Nancy

marilyn_marmac

Yes, stay strong my friend. Don't let the thieves still more than they already have. They took your money, don't let them take your quit!

My purse was stolen a few years ago, I didn't even know it was gone until the bank called me to question the unusual charges, hundreds of dollars. They immediately locked down my account so additional charges couldn't be made. The bad part, I couldn't get money out either and had to borrow some money to get me through the next few days. I also had to file a report with the police. My bank credited the money back to my account but it took a couple of weeks. 

For me, the biggest concern was the fact they had the keys to my car and house as well as all my identification. So they not only had my keys..they had my address as well. I loaded my pistol first..then I called a locksmith to come change my locks ASAP. It was frightening.

A few questions, did you allow them access, take control of your pc, move your pointer and go into programs? I know MS generally request permission to do so. It allows them to quickly go through your files and find issues. If these people did access your hard drive, you have more issues to worry about, especially if you do online banking or make purchases 😞 You will need to contact every credit card company and every company that you purchase or pay bills to. You will need to change every password to every site you have visited. New passwords need to be something impossible for them to guess. Remember birth dates, anniversary dates, special people, all the common place things have been compromised and should not be used when you create new passwords. You may even want to look into paying for an
Identity Theft Protection plan for a couple of months.Lifelock is the only one that's coming to my mind but I know there are more out there. Just google "Identity theft protection." I hope this site also provides helpful information.

http://www.staysafeonline.org/stay-safe-online/protect-your-personal-information/id-theft-and-fraud

marilyn_marmac

*steal

kristine5-27-14

We love you too Carolyn! I hope being burried in a big ol' pile of encouragement brings a smile your lovely face! 😉   Keep fighting the good fight my dear friend! ♥

mdep4890-2

Carolyn, you just hang in there, and remember this will pass. Going through it is the hard part (I know from experience). You are strong because you DID NOT fall backwards, and please read Marilyn's advice. I appreciate you opening up and sharing with us your experience and know that there are people you can 'trust.' What goes around always comes back around, those people who are thieves do not understand this life expresssion. Stay strong and true to yourself. You are a good person, trustworthy, and honest. Stand tall and proud.

Jennifer-Quit

So sorry for all that you are having to deal with.  Marilyn gave some really good advise.  So glad that you are able to deal with it all without a cigarette!  Congratulations!

elvan

Carolyn, 

This is truly a nightmare but you are clearly handling it beautifully.  You are not smoking over it and that really IS huge.  The bank and the state police will work with you, sometimes bureaucracy takes forever...SOMEtimes?  

You will get through this and you will be stronger than ever.

Please stop thinking you need to apologize for not answering people's comments.  We all understand.

Best, Ellen

Giulia

Not fun.  Hang in.

Deena-A-Yenni

So sorry to hear all this has happened to you.  Stay strong my friend.

summer-07-06-15

You're provably need to close your band account, and open another one. I know this is a pain but if you'er looking for a little peace of mind. Good Luck and don't smoke.

Believe me you're not the only one this is happen to.  And like I said the only time microsoft ask for control of your computer is if you call them with a problem.

Congratulations on handling the situation and 18 days of FREEDOM.

Where Are U Babe