cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Knock me down! I made it to Day 5....

lizzyinamerica
0 4 8

Bonjour everyone and it's day 5 of our adventure!  Over 100 hours smoke free, and my lungs feel really good.  My chest is no longer tight, I had a great night sleep, (apart from the fact that in all my dreams I had a cigarette in my hand), woke up a few times but that seems to be getting better too.

My skin looks better, my eyes look brighter, I can still smell the perfume from yesterday, didn't wake up feeling like I had a dead rat in my mouth......ooooh this is all good!!!

Managed to get through yesterday without setting new Olympic eating records, ok I had a Potbelly sammy but I spread it over lunch and dinner... no in between snacking.

I am going to have to keep busy, as today I will be on my own, as the kids are back to school.  So I'm going to do some weight training, clean the house, and meet up with a non-smoking friend for a coffee.  I have to say I hate the smell of cigarette smoke at the moment, it's vile & disgusting and you don't realize how much you stink to other people until you smell it from our side of the fence.

Keep it up, we are doing so well!  Almost at the One Week mark. That wil be 168 hours wihout chemicals, toxins & tar in our bodies.  Just call us the fragrant ones........

Have a great day!!

4 Comments