cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Kid in a candy store...

Storm.3.1.14
0 15 172

Because I knew I was going to be ditching the nicotine lozenges, I went on a shopping spree down the exotic candy aisle at World Market. I wanted to have little "pick-me-ups" on hand, just in case I had a few sharp oral fixations or withdrawal pangs in the coming week. And I think the unusual flavors will also throw a pinch of spice and "jazz" into my quit...you know, just because that would be interesting and fun.

Here's what I tossed in my basket:

* Hot Coffee Spiced Caramel chews

* Coconut Ginger bon-bons

* Spicy Chai pastilles

* Indonesian ginger taffy called ting-ting (very spicy! yow!)

* Mango-Tamarind hard candies (Seriously, mango and tamarind in a hard candy. Who could associate mango and/or tamarind with smoking? And what the heck is tamarind, anyway?!)

So, yeah, I prepared ahead of time by lining up a few options to help me ease through NRT cessation. Just in case. And I'll keep them handy throughout the weekend.

And speaking of the weekend, I have a dinner-and-coffee club gathering tonight, will be kayaking Saturday morning and into that afternoon, attending an outdoor concert Saturday night, delighting in an upscale brunch Sunday morning, hiking Sunday afternoon, and savoring a cookout Sunday night...all in the company of non-smokers. (This "safety in numbers" scheme was partly by design.) So, no matter how urgently I may "jones" for a lozenge or get beaned by a "smoke grenade" this weekend, "slipping" simply cannot happen around this crowd or in these places. Have no worries about that, my friends, and don't be too surprised if I'm halfway off the radar between now and Monday.

Enjoy your own weekends, and stay free out there!

STORM: 63

15 Comments
rosemarymom

WOW!  Those are some wild flavor combinations.  They should work!!

As for your weekend plans - sounds pretty full and fun.  You are doing more in a weekend than I have done in six months! haha So enjoy and yes, stay free!

freeneasy

Have a great weekend -sounds like you will be to busy to even think about smoking! I would love to try those coconut ginger bon-bons!

Jaxson1-16-14

Sounds like a jam packed weekend! Enjoy it! And I have all the confidence in the world that you will ROCK it not having the lozenges!! Saying Hi to you from San Juan!! 🙂

annb
I'm exhausted from reading your schedule. Lol. Way to Rock the NRT goodbye! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!!
JRC

Your weekend sounds great! Good selection of treats!

Wanda45

WOW, I need to rest after reading your plans for the week end...  have a wonderful time.  Post Monday and let us know how you are, and if those treats live up to expectations.

Wanda

luxie

Oh yes World Market one of my favorite stores, I could spend a small fortune there. Let me know how you liked any of those candies. I heard licorice is a good crave buster too. I am gonna see if the pool is ready to get in this weekend, so you go have fun on your adventures, I'll be thinkin of ya while I am sipping Sangria pool side watching my little hummers..LOL

promise_judy

Have fun!!! Sounds like your going to have a great weekend. I be thinking of you this weekend during work (well I can dream about it anyhow LOL).

newlife5

wow what a great weekend  you have planned.... mostly i find that plan old water works the best  make sure you stay hydrated...you shouldnt have any problems at all

izzy day 191

ubananc-y

I got hungry after reading your blog and had a multiple berry piece of cake!  I am a bit underweight so this is not terrible, but I wouldn't want to continue doing itl - just for me.

Mrs.Rum

And did you tell me *I* wasn't right?  LOL!  Those should hold you.

Strudel

What an interesting list!! But, you have a plan - that is the important thing! Way to go! Have a wonderful weekend! 

cheyenne7

Nicotine doesn't belong in your world Storm.....not in the way of a cigarette or a NRT.....you got this.....don't let nicotine interrupt your life.....stay strong brother ((HUGS)))

elvan

Ah HA...that was quite a list of exotic candy.  I just remembered that when my father quit smoking years ago that he bought lemon drops and went through them by the bagfull...they were Napoleon brand and hard candy filled with a powdered and very sour lemon flavored powder.  I had completely forgotten that.  I am intrigued by the Halls suggestion, I happen to have some on hand, I shall pop those into my tool kit.

Your weekend sounds like it must have been amazing!

indnprincess

So jealous of your weekend!!

Lisa