cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Kicking the addiction one day at a time

wareagle11
0 4 13

I have not smoked in 8 days! I haven't gone this long without smoking since I started smoking 4 years ago. I know this sounds cliche, but I am really proud of myself for having the will power to say no to cravings and temptations. There were numerous situations I was put in this weekend where cravings were strong, well looking back they may have been memories of smoking....Either way I pushed through them 🙂

I went to visit my family back home, which is 3 hours away. I was really nervous about making the drive, but surprisingly my cravings were minimal. I stocked up on straws and put them in the glove box so I could chew on them when an urge hit. I went to my sisters house, she and her husband both smoke, but I just stayed inside and played with my nieces while they smoked. I'm not going to lie, I did feel a bit left out because that was our "grown up" time where we caught up with one another. But I wasn't going to let that be an excuse for me to light up. They are actually really supportive of me quitting and have been very considerate. I'm hoping that seeing me beat the addiction will make them want to quit too, which gives me another reason to follow through with this. I'm notorious for being flakey haha, so if I can do it so can they!!

Making it through the weekend gave me a new sence of accomplishment which is much better than the temporary high that came with smoking. This is something I can actually be proud of! I know I have a long road ahead of me, but if I just keep on saying to myself that smoking is not an option then I will be fine!! Mornings are still really hard for me, I had to give up coffee 😞 because that is a HUGE trigger! Oh well, I know the small sacrifices will be worth it!! Hope y'all have a great day!

4 Comments