cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Keep on keep'n on

jl7tree
4 13 167

I signed on with ExSmoke about three months ago. Since then I've received encouraging texts which really did help my process even though as a rule I'm quiet and don't communicate. Tonight is different. The first couple've months I struggled with my addiction. I'd go two or three days, then smoke for a day or two, then back to no smoke. I've stopped smoking many times in the past, but want this time to be my final quit. I didn't really set a quit date, I just woke up on the first of the month and decided it's time to do it. Two issues effect my circumstances; one that my wife does still smoke though not much. Still, sitting across the table on my porch from her it can be a real struggle not to reach for a smoke. Day twenty and I'm smoke free. The other is more final. Back in May of this year I was diagnosed with lung cancer, stage four. Now I'm doing the immunatherapy do and maybe it'll buy me some time. However it comes down I damn sure want to go on to my next life smoke free and I do believe it's possible. That's what I'm saying to all the friends here I haven't met. Believe. Believe in yourselves and always keep on keep'n on.

13 Comments