cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just wanted to say thanks..and ask some advice!

kristin2013
0 18 43

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive and for checking up on me...as u probally read last Friday I was having a hard time..very stressed and overwhelmed. Well i left work Friday in tears and wanting a cigarette soooo bad so i went to the store and in tears went to the counter and just looked at all the cigs for a min...then the cashier said "may i help u"...i said well i quit smoking 19 days ago and im really not sure im gonna make it through  the night as a non smoker and im really upset about it....she said have u seen this electric cigarette? I said ive heard of it but its the samething as smoking..it has nicotine in it right? The cashier said u can get it without nicotine too.....so i said u know what...if i think I need to smoke to get me through this rough patch thenid rather figure it out with no nicotine then give into the addiction and feed it what its wanting!!!! So I bought it...went hm and took 3 drags off it..it did calm me dwn a little...but it sure wasnt the same as smoking! But i put it away nad havent touched it since! So in a way im very glad i bought that instead of breaking dwn and buying a pack of cigarettes  cuz i wld ofsmoked them all and then wld have had to start over. Another part of me is a little pissed at myself for not being strong enough to just say I dont need anything..im just gonna get through it! Im coutning my blessings that Im still a non smoker and havent had nicotine for 23 days today!!!! 

I did want to ask advice on the E cigarette from anyone who has had or has one! The one with no nicotine...is it safe? I wanted to keep it around in case of emergency like friday so i dont lose my quit when im feeling dwn and out....it saved me once ...it might come in handy again some day!

Thanks again for everyone checking up on me and for all the encouragement! I didnt buy them or smoke any....so i survived...oncwe AGAIN!!!! : )

18 Comments