cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just made it past 5 months

Rsan
7 15 208

Had my 40th HS reunion earlier this month and when I was packing I thought, “Oh did I bring enough Cigs”!! I DON’T SMOKE. So driving to the airport I was thinking of the past and how many can I suck down before I can’t, was pleased that I didn’t have to chock myself.

However, during my visit with family and childhood friends it was challenging. There were more than a few moments that I struggled with. One doozy I was in the car with my Sister and, she doesn’t really smoke much like 3 cigs a day and I don’t see her smoke, but one day in the car she’s like oh I can smoke and pulls out a pack of American Spirits and comments on how she smokes these now because they have less chemicals. The thousand thoughts that went through my mind in 5 seconds….hmm I can smoke too….just one….nobody will know…it’s what we did when we are together …. So many of the junking thinking… I just had to say NOPE to myself and push past the temptation. IT WAS DIFFICULT!

Several times at the reunion, over the course of the weekend, I found myself thinking/almost saying to peeps lets go out for a smoke. I’m glad I made it past this milestone. When I flew home didn’t think about smoking before flying!
Still have moments still fighting for days won. DOF 156

15 Comments
About the Author
I have smoked on and off for 46 years. Started around 12 yrs old and daily at 16. I have quit a few times for months here and there in my 20's. Quit for about 5 years in my 30's, why did I think I could have one after 5 yrs is beyond me! Now N.O.P.E