cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just joined

amychambliss
0 8 105

I took the first step and signed up for this website today. It has some great suggestions,  I'm really worried about the morning ritual of coffee and a cig. It's my favorite time of day. 

8 Comments
molzep

The morning ritual of coffee and deep breathing is pretty fun too!

Don't worry, us ex smokers can do anything a smoker can do, just without smoking!

lewis65

The coffee will taste even BETTER now! 

amychambliss

Maybe I should just give up coffee too!!!

jeffculler

Today is day  four me and things are getting a bit better. Worry not, Amy--the FEAR of quitting is worse than what you are actually giving up. And it doesn't nearly measure up to what you (ALL OF US) are gaining: freedom, independence, maturity, and reunion with the rest of mainstream society.

I stuffed myself at a buffett today and it was disturbing not to light up after lunch but, hey, I made it and I am as addicted to nicotene as you ever have been--bet on it.

You are doing great just by being on this site. And you will do great when you start your quit.  Go get 'em!!!

Jeff

quicks1824

I used to enjoy my coffee and smokes in the morning as well. I now sit down and watch the news with my coffee. I spend some time with my family and see how much snow we will not be getting. (We  are farmers and would like more) LOL

One thing I have noticed is I don't need as much coffee to get me started in the morning. You might notice that as well. I am thinking about switching to half-caf.

cathi4

Separation helps alot! I stopped smoking iin the house 6 years ago when I remodeled. Is that not sad! I protected my furniture and walls but not my health! Anyhoo... that really helped with the coffee thing. Once I quit I did not have to give up the coffee cause I separated cigs and everything else before I quit.

I also agree that I crave much less coffee after the quit and it does taste so much more yummy, just like it smells!!!

onelasttime

YES THE COFFE IS JUST AS GOOD BUT IT DOES ONLY TAKE ABOUT HALF THE AMOUNT TO THE  JOB AS WHAT IT TOOK WHEN YOU SMOKED. I READ THAT ON WEB MD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WAY THE CAFFINE IS DIGESTED OR SOMETHING THE SMOKING CUTS ITS EFFECT IN HALF.HOPE YOU GET WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY.I HAVE NOTICE I GET GITTERY IF I HAVE MORE THAN A CUP OR TWO I USED TO HAVE AT LEAST 6 CUPS. I NEVER SMOKED IN MY NEW HOUSE THE LAST 4 YEARS SO I HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGHT THAT SEPARATION SO GLAD I DIDN'T BECAUSE NOW THAT I HAVE QUIT WITH THIS BLOOD HOUND NOSE I PROBALY WOULD HAVE BEEN MISERABLE SMELLING THE STALE SMOKE ON EVERYTHING.ANY WAY WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME BOAT TRYING TO SAIL THE SAME WAY SO WE WILL BE HERE FOR SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT.ARE YOU USEING ANY KIND OF NRTS OR MEDS OR COLD TURKEY?IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER TO ME AS LONG AS WE GET IT DONE.ON THING I CAN TELL YOU YOU HAVE TO DECIDE YOU ARE GOING TO BECOME A NONSMOKER AND BELIEVE IT.TRYING WON'T WORK. READ ALL THE INFO YOU CAN  GET ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE ADDICTION. ANOTHER GOOD INFO SITE QUITSMOKINGONLINE.COM FULL OF INFORMATION I STILL GO THERE AND READ AND STUDY IT. WELL ENOUGH RIGHT . YOU ARE PROBALY SAY WHAT THE --------?IS THIS A CRAZY WOMAN OR WHAT?I TELLYOU UP FRONT ITS THE WHAT.LOL   I WILL FRIEND YOU.BELIEVE AND YOU WILL STOP!!!!!!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Don't spend a lot of time worrying about things, get info like you did by posting your blog, do the tracking and separation thing, set your date , do all your preparations and then....take the big leap of faith.  Trust all of us that you will make it, that quitting will be challenging, but you will be ok.  And we will be here for you.