cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just checking in... 265 days smoke free.

Cindy210
2 8 98

265 days..that feels like an in-between number....not the beginning, over 100, but not at a year yet.  I am still not smoking, but in the last couple of weeks, there have been several moments when I had the urge to smoke again.  Its weird, I have had many days I didn't think about smoking.  There were even days I was so busy I was THANKFUL I didn't need to stop for a fix.  And then, things slow down a bit, and I start thinking of cigarettes has a pick-me-up.  So, so wrong!  I keep chanting N.O.P.E and "I don't do that anymore" and got through it.  I actually got in an elevator the other day and could tell a smoker had ridden the elevator before me.  So weird now.

I hope everyone finds strength to keep their quit.  Two reasons I quit were my face kept breaking out and I couldn't get it to heal and my teeth were super sensitive.  Both have subsided considerably.  I still am not breathing the way I should be, but when I excercise, I do see an improvement.  One day at a time.  I just have to keep getting through one day at a time.

All my best to everyone!

8 Comments