cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just Venting

auntdee
0 8 2

It is a bit more difficult for me than it normally would be, i think.  I have kept my quit since changing my clock.  But it's crazy over here.  Husband is dually addicted and when he gets drunk he plays games with his cigarrettes;  pretending to hide them, laughing when i see one in his hand.  I do not want to change him.  That is not my job.  And it is none of my business how many addictions he has.  What is my business is my quit.  I am protecting it with all of my strength.  The cravings have dissipated a bit..  It just seems that they are hanging on longer.  I am angry that he is smoking in the house.  That is the bottom line.  Thank you for just listening.

8 Comments
marie23

Good for you for venting in a safe place. Sometimes we can;t change a situation we just have to learn to live with it without it making us crazy. If you ever need a place to vent or whatever stop by my page and let loose. Hang in there and protect that quit.  Good luck and God Bless   Marie

sam354

I'm amazed at your strength.  Keep it up, it's an inspiration to those of us who haven't worked up the courage quite yet to see it completely through.   Keep venting, and stay strong, and know that if you break, you have a support system.. but I am sure you won't break.  I'm thinkig of you (as are many here).

Debi12

You are doing great staying strong, this is a great place to came and vent when you need to!!!

sheri10

How wonderful to share your frustration!!  I am not making light of your struggles but I think it is marvelous that you feel safe enough to vent here.  Sometimes people think that it's all magic and happy...the quitting, the being here on this site, the wanting things to be perfect.  Life isn't perfect and that's ok!!!  Thank you for venting--you are courageous, articulate, and intelligent.  You are more amazing than you know.  Treat yourself gently...do something just for you....and God Bless : )

bridget5

Yes - it is not our place to try to change our husbands - especially with addiction - that they will have to do on thier own.  Pray for them and in the meantime keep yourself healthy and safe and build up your confidence with the good people on this site. MY thoughts and prayers are with you...

tcollinskeo

Doris,

I am so proud of you choosing to come here and vent.  You have to focus on your recovery, and he will have to work his own.  We are battling our own addictions, and right now you need to be a bit selfish and take care of your needs.  You will get stronger with each day.  Goodness........think of the first day you were on this site.......and look how you have grown!   You keep it up.  Hugs & prayers headed your way.

Terrie

va72lady

Exactly, concentrate on your quit and try to ignore the games...I will be praying for you ,...If you ask him...will he smoke outside?  Stay strong and look ahead,...   Shirley

auntdee

Dear Everyone, thank you from my heart for all your words of wisdom.  Also, for your huge encouragement and support.  Most of the time i cry about what i wrote.  It hurts when a spouse seems to have no interest in his wife's wellbeing.  Spiritual and Physical.

I pray for peace, Love, warmth, comfort and strength for each of you.  And thank you, Teresa for the beautiful picture.   I am very visual and pictures do paint a thousand words.

God Bless You All  ....and let's all hang on to our quit no matter what.

Love, Doris