cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just Smoke

Nyima_1.6.13
0 7 19

Here's an exercise for those of you who are anticipating your quit date. It's from the book 'smoke-free smoke break'. (Zen mindfulness/meditation trainering instructs: when you eat, just eat; when you walk, just walk. The idea is to commit to the present, to pledge allegiance to the here and now of your life, whatever you happen to be doing. For today, when you smoke, just smoke............ Kill the TV, set the coffee aside, no computer, no conversation; in other words, avoid multitasking by mixing smoking with either work or pleasure. Just smoke!).

I was once a pack and a half a day or more!!! Funny when I really focused on smoking it wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. I found that I just wanted to get back to whatever activity I had given up to go smoke.

7 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010
Great idea! I'll bet most of us didn't really enjoy smoking most of the time!
SarahP

Wonderful advice!  When you can't multitask, when you come face-to-face with how much time you're wasting, you might start to see how much of a drain on your life it really is! 

joyeuxencore

Hey sunshine are you focusing on Vegas yet???!!! Sure would like to meet you! We are planning activities...just confirmed a brunch cruise Sunday on Lake Mead to the Hoover Dam...Tommy,Skygirl,Misty@dawn,Sarah,Cindy...Stacey has confirmed as well and we still have cot room to share the suite...can't let Sky pay for the whole thing! Join us! xo

debr

Oh, I wish I coud be there with you all!!!  You're going to have a great time!!!

Michwoman

Me too Deb!!

mary242

me too Deb and Mich!!

mayagg

Super advice... Really bugs me when I see people outside on a beautiful day...smoking and talking on their cell phones.. Enjoy the day, people!!!