cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just Joining the Site. Just Making the decision.

valerie0412
0 4 62

Today is the day I'm going to start my journey towards quitting smoking.  I've tried cold turkey before but that only lasts for about a week.  I've also tried the patch, however due to being so tiny in size, It just wasn't right for me.  The side affects were brutal, nightmares, nausea, etc.  I've never really tried learning about my triggers and trying to separate my smoking and my triggers.  I've also never told anyone I wanted to quit.  Mainly because I was afraid of people being disappointed in me if I failed. 

I've struggled with it for a few years now and I'm tired of it.  I don't want to be addicted to anything anymore.  I'm tired of lighting my money on fire so to speak.  It's a waste and for what?  To die a slow and painful death??? I DON'T THINK SO! 🙂 

I've hid it from a lot of people and that has been a huge downfall for me.  I attempted at hiding it from my boyfriend, but he's not an idiot and neither am I.  He hates smoking and I was always embarrassed to do it in front of him.  I was afraid he would find me disgusting.  I've decided to talk to him about it and have him as part of my support group.

My quit date is set for November 24th and I have a few seperation exercises lined up between now and then.  My two biggest triggers are boredom and driving.  If you have any suggestions for seperating either of those, let me know!

Thanks!

4 Comments