cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Just Be

SimplySheri
0 8 26

~~Be yourself.  Life is precious as it is.  All the elements for your happiness are already here.  There is no need to run, strive, search, or struggle.  Just be.~~  Thich Nhat Hanh

I wish I could tell you how utterly serene it feels like to "just be".  How peaceful and calming it is.  No struggles to control my world.....no searching for what will make me "better".....no striving for perfection.  These days, I just am.

Maybe that's how I got through my quit so far.  I didn't "struggle" with a craving.  It appeared and I left it there until it went away.  And it always went away.  I didn't have to act on it, fight with it, or run from it. 

Just be.  How simple.  How precious.  How enlightening.

Today, keep it simple and just be.  Enjoy.  Relax.  Be yourself.  Love yourself.  How simple it can be.

Just be.  You can do it.  And it can change your life as you let go of the struggles.  As you stop running.  As you simply live in this moment, here and now.

May you all feel the amazing serenity of this day.  May you all feel the quiet joy of this moment.  May you all finally understand how simply beautiful you are.

Sheri

8 Comments
smorgy8513

After reading this I took a deep breath and let it wash over me.

Thanks Sheri!

katebw

What a wonderful blog, Sheri. Love it!

And yeah - now that we're not living from cigarette to cigarette, we actually *can* just be. It's pretty amazing. It's very freeing. It does feel a little strange - as we talked about earlier this week, I don't know if we realize how much are are NOT "just being" as we continually strive for how to get from one smoke to the next. Now that that's gone, we just...are.

I love your thoughts about the real serenity in that. I'm going to take your advice today and just try to relax about everything. You're right - the craving goes way, whether we stress out about it or not - so how 'bout not? 🙂

Thank you for your profound words today.

Kate

erma2

Beautiful post . Thank you.

MarilynH

Thank you and thank you again

marilyn_marmac

Your post always bring me peace and thoughtfullness. 

Thank you,

Marilyn

promise_judy

TU for your post! It is refressing to know that someone else feels as I do--just let it be and enjoy life as it is.

XOXO

annb
Ahhhh!!! 🙂
sparky26

Nice blog , great advice , thank you for your wisdom.