cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It takes alot out of you

melsue
0 8 21

Hello my friends on this somewhat cold Monday ,  I have been super busy this new year as I got engaged this past Christmas ! Lol so I've kept busy alot, but I'm writing for advice as I'm doing great on my no more smoking but some mornings as I drive to work and I pass my use to be pit spots for my demon I still find myself half wanting to stop . I can still taste the first puff of a smoke and wonder and hope it goes away . I hope you all are doing great on your quit and don't give up as the temptations draw you to them . have a great day ! ☺

8 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem
JonesCarpeDiem

That taste of smoke might be the tar at the back of your throat from the cilia that are trying to clean out your lungs every night.

JonesCarpeDiem

You had 3 weeks 44 days ago. That should put you around 65 days. The hundred days after the first month are the most vulnerable. You are halfway to 130. Hang in there. You Can Do It!

aztec

maybe you could take a differen troute for a little while.

you will get stronger and going to those places for gas or such won't bother you.

as Dale pointed out it will pass.

stay strong.!!

Junior7

Congrats on your engagement!

melsue
Thank you junior 🙂 .. Thanks guys... Good to hear the encouragement , it helps alot .
Connie55

When you drive by your old haunts just remember, you are no longer a slave to those cigs and there is nothing forcong you to pull over and waste your time, money, and health. Think of those old  pit stops as your old prison cell. You are now free. You never want to go back to prison!

elvan

Repeat after me, "I don't DO that anymore."  I agree that if you can change your route for a while, it might be a good idea but remember how far you have come and hang in there, I PROMISE you that it gets easier.

CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement, what a magical time to get engaged.  You would  not want to be a stinky, smoking bride!