cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's time to change before it's too late.

coug1031
0 5 14

Hi,

I'm Mark, and I've smoked for 27 years. It's hard to be believe. I think about how many cigarettes that is and it boggles my mind. Most of the pack and a half to two packs a day that I smoke, I'm not even enjoying. I don't really even know why I'm smoking them, but I light up anyway. Since a pack of cigs in Washington is approaching and even has eclipsed the 7 dollar a pack mark, the economics of it all is even more insane.

I'm 48. I feel like I'm at a crossroads. I change, and experience a better, healthier lifestyle, or I continue to smoke, and experience all of the "good" things my friend Marlboro has to offer. I don't want to be here 10 years from now, with 10 more years of smoking under my belt trying to decide whether or not to quit. I feel I can still turn it around while I still have my health, and before it's too late. The answer is so obvious, but still there is a part of me that has a hard time envisioning my life without a pack. A life without the worry of having to buy another pack when I'm down to my last 4 cigs. What a merry go round.

So I'm here, and I'm also at the American Lung Association Freedom From Smoking Site in hopes that I can become a non-smoker.

Wish you all good luck, and hope that we can support each other to a better way of life.

Mark G.
Vancouver WA

5 Comments