cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's not going so well

artist4
0 9 116

I'm supposed to quit October 7th and It seems I have no discipline.

I don't even care ( or so it seems) half the time. In the beginning I had vivacious energy...now I feel like a slug. I

just can't sustain the excitement. Help.

9 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

i guess you can see you are doing this to yourself. Right?

you haven't even quit yet and you've given up on yourself.

Come back after your lung transplant?

oh  yeah, they don't do lung transplants unless you've quit smoking for 6 months.

hows that for reality?

LouiseR

You made a decision to quit so stick with it.  Don't flounder back and forth.  Do more reading and understand that this is so doable.  Keep coming here and read all the blogs and take what will help in your quit and apply it.  It is so worth it to be free from the stinkerettes controlling ones life.  You can do this but you must be willing.

andreakay

HANG IN THERE!! Do NOT give up we!! You can do this... Don't listen to that voice that is doubting you..That voice has NO PLACE in your head!! I call mine the devil (addiction devil) He isn't going to let you quit easily, MASTER that voice!!! HOLD ON TIGHT!!!

Thomas3.20.2010

Prepare yourself for the long run. Enthusiasm is swell but it's te day by day commitment that will keep you in the drivers' seat! YOU are creating a masterpiece! It's nothing less than making a future for YOU! Nothing could be more important than that and it requires Discipline! Try the Daily Pledge for starters. You're not yet ready to make the pledge but you can still drop in and amaze yourself with all the daily pledgers we have going right now (and that's just the ones who do it publicly! I pledge each and every day and have done so before my feet touch the ground first thing in the morning for more than 4 YEARS!

I, Thomas, pledge that just for TODAY I will not allow so much as one little puff of a sickerette to cross my lips NO MATTER WHAT! I will RESPECT myself enough to HONOR this pledge under all circumstances! 

There's a group of Daily Pledgers here. A great way to stay accountable and disciplined and remind myself every day how important it is to maintain my goal!  

Every day I have to Breathe! My heart has to work 24/7 as long as I live! I can't just say, "Well, I'm less than enthusiastic about my lungs and heart today - I'll think about that maybe tomorrow!

TODAY is a GREAT DAY to Live Smoke FREE!

marilyn_marmac

Awwww...you are caught in the mind trap. If you read through the blogs, you will find that many people get hit with this same feeling. It can be especially helpful to read the "1st days" blogs of some long term quitters and discover...they went through this but they pushed past it and look at them now!

I'm not sure if it's brought on by fear of failing, the fear of losing our cigarette friend or simply the addiction itself fighting to keep you where you are. Whatever the cause, you can push past it if you really want to. Have you completly given up or are you still reading the educational links and tracking cigarettes and finding your smoking triggers? The blogs links may give you a new burst of energy and commitment. I hope so. This really is something YOU have to WANT to do and it does take commitment.

do everything for you never for another person no matter how much they say..i will help etc..you know you better than anyone you dont need help or hand holders..support is helpful but if its needed for you to do what you need then you need to re-evaluate you..

I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED: Fitness Motivational iPhone4 Wallpaper for your lock screen. #pFITblog

Fitness motivation

Connie55

Sounds like you are being hit with soem depression and pre-separation anxiety. Nicotine will play tricks on you to try a psych you into remaining an addict. remember, it takes 3 days to get the nicotine out of your system and I hear about 90 days to learn a new routine. Not every day will be depressing but every now and again it may hit you so be prepared. Ask yourself what it is that makes you happy (not smoking!), and go do it.

YoungAtHeart

If you are not using the time (wisely) to prepare and plan - just quit NOW!  There is no better time!  I assume you're done the reading, made your lists of reasons for quitting and distraction activities, done the tracking and separation exercises?  Gotten your gum and lollipops in your possession?

If not - why not?  Don't let fear of failure or loss of what you perceive is your friend sabotage you. You ARE stronger than that; I just know you are!

Get yourself as ready as you can - and just DO it!  We will be with you every step of the way.  Look at all of us who have been successful.  Do you really believe we are ALL stronger, better than you?  Of course not!

Nancy

Brenda_M

Keep reading so something will hit you just the right way to sink in. This IS a serious business as regards your health. 

cutiepie3

You still have time and it will get better if this is what you truly want to do. Will it be easy I don't know, but just keep preparing yourself for it and just pray on it. It will get better