cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's not a de-stressing habit !!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever u may tell ur self ...

katherine_att
0 5 23

i have just completed a diploma of management :: in november i started it in may of last year - it has been the been been! been the best 🙂 year and time of my life, that i have had in awhile. i am looking to get back into hr or heavy rigid driving. i just renewed my medical yesterday 110.00 ! and i am so happy that i have passed !! blood pressure is back to it's usual 130/90 - sat on 120/80 for years n years n years ! but i think after smoking for 10-years 🙂 i am happy with 130/90 ! .. what else to say. oh yea, i initially 'quit' when i was studying this/these management classes - it made it easier to concentrate and i think i regained control of my life and freedoms during this time!! i believe i understood (during daily classes and lecturers and "on breaks" etc with mates - that it was more enjoyable to run over and pick up some chinese with fellow class-mates) but perhaps more rationally - that 'smoking' was actually adding to the stress'es!! u had to be careful not to enter class and start a full-on war-torn argument with someone which u could do (and we enjoyed) out in the 'play ground' with our other fellow 3-4-5-6 😉 etc - you know, whoever joins us, and whoever is there on the day - and u soon realise that smoking does not !!!!! reduce 'stress' .. that was my main reason (i used to tell myself) whilst i carried-on n continued to smoke. i used to say because i dont live in the same town as my (family!) i am more stressed! Therefore i can 'condone'(?) the action of smokes n smoking................ it's a tools idea The x just annoyed me over the weekend - helping with his lawn mowering - i ended up getting *all* mine done - whipper snipping or weed slashing (what do u call it ? weed whacking 😉 just clearing round the edges of the property n fence-lines really. i keep everything pretty neat and tidy - enjoyed getting my own done this time!! And having something to do - I actually lent a friend's lawn-mower 4-stroke Briggs n Stratton 😉 3-4 days earlier (before I went and bought/sourced.. my own lawn mower!! over this last weekend 😉 ........... i thought it would b a good quit-program!! having some ties and (with friends) some thing active to do. It has been great. But the ex has just annoyed me. First, he had to "go use his laptop" inside(where he can smoke, safe out of sight n mind's eye 😉 l0L from me.. so I got his work done for him!! Y would u ?? 🙂 when i look back now, i should have said No. If u want me to do any gardening work lawn mowering etc. U come and help out. come pick up pieces of rubbish or move things around for me etc - this is what annoys me about him so much now!! so much of his time he will spend 'inside' ginning around  watching tv (even during the day) playing this game on his laptop they are all just excuses or crutches he uses!! to get around having to get out there and do 'some real work' - im putting it down to him as being ' a lost cause ' i dont think he wants to get out there after having being fired from his job of 9 years again.............. not at all 🙂

5 Comments