cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's been months

bonnie.s
0 13 29

I went away because I couldn't stop and felt ashamed.  I wasn't going to post anymore because I didn't want any negative feedback but I see a few others that started around the same time as me have been struggling as well.  Anyhow I'm going keep trying until I get it right, no matter how many times that may be!

13 Comments
Christine13

Glad to see you got back on the horse that bucked you!  I did too.

Keep remembering all of the other things you can do instead of lighting up.

Never quit trying!

bonniebee

From one Bonnie to another you are right on...... never give up and welcome back !!!

Most of us tried more then once just learn as much as you can from the last tries take what made it easier and where you went wrong figure out a good plan , add commitment and a lot of very positive thinking you are on your way !

NOPE !

JACKIE1-25-15

Never give up never give in no matter what NOPE not one puff ever. 

Giulia

Perseverance pays off.  Glad you're back at it.

“When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal, you do not change your decision to get there.” ~ Zig Ziglar

YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

It's a good idea to really think about what made you decide to smoke during your last quit attempt, then make a plan NOW of what you will do differently this time around. 

Let us know when you have questions or need support.  Let us help you make this your FINAL quit!!! 

Nancy

P.S.  And - remember to blog "help" if you are tempted this time!

tjanddj

Welcome back Bonnie S! You can do this!

cinjon

I think it's great you came back, you know deep inside that the support here is invaluable.  I'm only on day 20 but one thing I have done is get on the site 2 to three times a day, it's like a in the face reminder, a healthy vitamin, whatever but it makes me feel better.  You can do it , we all believe that you can.  Also if this helps, I seem to add to my reasons for quitting on a regular basis, that has helped me.  Finally Bonnie scream for help as someone else has suggested, the team of exers are there for you.  

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Welcome back. You can do this!
SkyGirl

You don't ever need to compare  your Quit to the Quit that others are having.  Each Quit is personal.  You will never be judged for how your Quit is going.  The important thing is to keep that desire to quit.  Once you start to see that as a DESIRABLE goal, instead of a sacrifice or a deprivation, you WILL find your Quit.  Never quit quitting, Bonnie.

Sky

tjbeck1-3-10-14

Keep Trying!! This is like my 50th time and I am now 83 days smoke free. You got this!!!!

elvan

We are here to help, never quit quitting!

Thomas3.20.2010

plug66

i can't tell you how many times i tried to quit, but it was alot some times twice in a week no lie, this time i am at almost 50 days, earlier quits, i could not get past 4 days~~~this site has made a huge difference stick with it and never be ashamed, be ashamed if you give up on trying to quit

About the Author
I'm 43 and started smoking at age 16. A smoker of 27 years! Wow, that's a long time :( I've stopped multiple times in the past but ended up going back within a few months. This time I stopped cold turkey with lots of prayer. A spiritual quit. God is good!