cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's been a while ...

Diane145
0 13 53

I've now made it to 668 days without a puff!!  WOW is all I can say about that.  I am so glad to no longer be a smoker and to have absolutely no urges to smoke.

Here's what's been going on, the good and the not so good, but all in all, glass is still half full!!

I started a new job the end of September as a Service Delivery Manager for a major energy company.  It's a 5 year contract position, and low pressure job.  We've moved to a new building and my office overlooks the harbor.  Never a bad view.  The salary is not what I was making, but it's decent.

I had emergency surgery October 10th, totalled my car (gas peddal stuck and hit the garage wall), and a crown broke off my tooth!!  Messed up, right??  So, I've bought a new car, am back to work, enjoying the view.   BIG thing are on the horizon.  Thanksgiving's around the corner and I'll be spending with my Glamdaughter!!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING.  Please send up a prayer for my husband and I.  Every blessing counts.

Hugs and prayers for all!! 🙂

13 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

JACKIE1-25-15

Awesome.  Life is grand without a cigarette in hand.  Glad you made it through the tough times.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  It is good seeing again. My first friend on EX lol. 

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Wow thats alot and you are handling life on life's terms with both style and grace. Gratitude is a wonderful attitude to have. Thoughts and prayers are with you
Silverstar

Diane, I am new but awestruck by your 668 smoke-free days!!!  Thanks for sharing the good and not-so-good, wishing the best for you, hope I stay as positive and hopeful with life's ups and downs. 

c2q

TerrieQuit

Good to "see" you!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

Prayers and blessings!

PennyLynn7407

688, How Great! Congratulations!

bonniebee

Congratulations !!!

Very nice to hear from you Diane may the lord Bless you and your husband always In jesus Amen

maryfreecig

Yeah!!! Thanks for sharing your good news of 668 days!

prjimm01

Hey Diane good for you!  good for both of us, I just hit 663 days!

Strudel

Great to see you! Congrats on your beautiful quit! 

elvan

It is SO GOOD to hear from you, I am sorry you have had such intense challenges, glad that you are recovering from the accident and have a new job that sounds pretty amazing....keeping the stress level down is always a positive thing and a view of a harbor....oh man, that's just a GIFT.  Congratulations on 668 glorious smokefree days.  Being able to spend time with your GLAMdaughter sounds wonderful.  I miss mine, she is in NY.  It sounds like you had your share of stress with the accident, the job change, the broken crown, never rains but it POURS, right?

Again, it is wonderful to hear from you!  Happy Thanksgiving, Diane.

Hugs,

Ellen

MarilynH

It's great to see you Diane and even more great to be able to say congratulations on your awesome 668 splendiferous DOF and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer ! ☆