cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's been a long time coming...six months to be exact!!!

nauticalnut2011
0 10 2

Woooo-hooooo!!!  After failure at day 13 of my quit, I started my quit clock over on the same day and quit forever at 2:00pm on July 18, 2011.  Six full months today!!!  The best I'd ever done before was 6 weeks and that was on the patch.  I gave up the patch three weeks into this forever-quit.

There have been a lot of bumps in the road these past months but they were LIFE's bumps, not nicotine cessation bumps.  All of them would have happened even if I'd been smoking.  I CHOSE not to smoke through those bumps and I CHOOSE not to smoke each and every day of my life.

My daughter and her husband quit smoking again when they became pregnant with their second child.  My granddaughter was born on November 4, 2011 and I'm thrilled to report they have not started smoking again.  My daughter keeps saying "Mom, I never, ever thought you would quit."  So, if my never smoking again keeps them from ever smoking again, I'm more than okay with that!!!

I could not have made it this far without educating myself on my addiction.  I could not have made it this far without all of you encouraging me every step of the way and I could not have made it this far without a solid commitment to quit smoking and never take another puff again NO MATTER WHAT!!!  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!  Take good care, Joy

10 Comments