cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It’s been a Decade!

Chris265
8 18 548

That is ten whole years my friends!  And I used to think I would never be able to do it...

I can say it has been worth it – and the support and education on this site (or the old one) invaluable.  I am not active anymore, but I do check back every once in a while to see how people are. 

I would like to acknowledge @JonesCarpeDiem, who is probably everybody’s first “friend” and @Giulia for her “sympathy of support”.

And a shout out to the group that was around and an inspiration my first year - @Stac2 and @Jules7  who quit a few days ahead of me, as well as @Brian100  , @SkyGirl, @joyeuxencore , @Nyima_1.6.13, @Michwoman, @freedom-38   @ShawnP, @cory7 , @nikki77, @Brenda_M, @Patty-cake, @kris54 , @YoungAtHeart, @nanawendy, @Storm.3.1.14 , @Billy_8-3-2013, @smorgy8513 , @Pops, @OldBones-Larry Larry the Caravan Master.  I know there are more – but very few of my friends carried over to the latest site.

Newbies – stick with it.  It can be done!

18 Comments
Billy_8-3-2013

Hey Chris, Good to hear you're out there.  Ten Years!  Woo Hoo!  Happy Dance

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

10 years is fantastic.

Nyima_1.6.13

Huge congrats! So glad we survived our quits and are still out there living the smoke free life!!

YoungAtHeart

Hey!

GOOD to see you!  Glad you stopped in to celebrate with us!

Rock on!

Nancy

Snowdoggie

@Chris265  Newbie here. Glad you posted. Congratulations on 10 years. That's awesome.

Livebetter2023

@Chris265 Ten years is inspiring!  Wow!

Giulia

Chris!!!!  That 10 celebration was - next to that first one for me - the BEST EVER!  Hope it is for you too.  So glad you came back to share it with us all.  And glad I'm still hangin' in here - a bit - so that I could get your @ mention and respond.  I'm not on FB but I hope for those old timers who are, that they'll pass this post onto all those wonderful people you mentioned.  There's another site on FB that Shawn put up where I think all the old members connect.  Hope you can share your success there.  Rather thrilled that you consider my input part of what got you free.  Never let it go!  Happy 10TH!

green1611

Congratulations stupendous 10 years of quit @Chris265 !

Barbscloud

@Chris265 Congrats on 10 years.

Barb

maryfreecig

Congratulations on 10 years!!! Thanks for sharing your milestone! 😀

Storm.3.1.14

10-years-1024x626.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS, CHRIS!!!!

I'm so glad you tagged me, so that I would be invited to celebrate you!

So proud of you for reaching a decade, and so grateful that you were there for my first year, too!

Congratulations, again!

OldBones-Larry

So glad to see that number @Chris265 ! Keep going strong!!

Justdeda1

Hey, @Chris265 !

Newbie here—not counting days, but about a month— so excellently fine of you to stop by and inspire a whole new generation of struggling EXers!

Thanks, and Stay The Free Person You Are!!!!

deda

ShawnP

Congratulations Chris!!! 10 yrs is huge 🙂

Brenda_M

Wow! It's wild to see old names pop up! You summoned Nyima! And STORM!!! How are you guys???

I know I'm very late to the party. I got an email notification, and I thought, I'll go on there next time I'm on my laptop, but my laptop is crap, so I'm almost NEVER on my laptop. But this is terrific, Chris, and it's amazing to see your avatar, too!!!

Chris265

@Brenda_M - Nice to hear from you.  Yes - probably time to get a new picture if I knew how...Yes - this site was a big part of my life 10 years ago, so I reached out where I could.  The admin fixed a few names ...  I do miss the camaraderie and think about my "cyber" friends. Nice to hear that people are doing well.  Still writing letters?  I have an envelope with stickers kicking around somewhere....😊  email notification pays off ....

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome back @Chris265! When you say you'd like to get a new picture if you knew how, do you mean change your avatar or actually have a new portrait taken for use on the site? We can help you with directions for changing your avatar if that's what you need! 😄

Todd, The EX Community Admin Team

stmand92

AWESOME!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS