cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It really DOES get better

cpsono
0 11 15

Good morning friends, and Happy Veteren's Day!  I happen to be off today not for the holiday, but Wednesdays are my usual day off from work.  I slept in until 945-a rarity for me, but it seems as though that is what my body was craving so I just went with it.  I woke up and remembered that I was dreaming about food...glorious food and nary a thought of cigarettes in my dreams or when I woke up.  Huh?  That's different...at the beginning of my quit, cigs were my very first thought and remained so thoroughout most of the day.  NOT ANYMORE.  Hey, I'm not getting cocky here, no way, no how.  I'm an addict, always will be.  BUT-I know how to manage this now. One of the things that I've read on this site:important tool to keep my quit(and I don't know who said it, I'm sorry)is this: surprise stress=smoking thought=acknowledge=dismiss.  Simple and to the point.  I'm equipped to follow that advice because I have some time behind me and because I stay close to this site and read and learn.  I still think about cigarettes possibly more than I think is normal but it is getting BETTER and I have faith that it will continue to get better-the wise people on this site tell me that it will.  I'm at 168 days now and I'm feeling good-no obsessing about the dreaded demon and striving to move on with a healthier lifestyle.  To those of you who are "newbier" than I am...stick with it and PLEASE don't smoke.  It works, but it does take some time and effort.  So, guys that's where I am on 11/11.  I'm hovering close to six months, thanks to you all!  CP

11 Comments