cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It happened!

LouiseR
0 17 256

Well my ex friends, it finally happened.  Last night around 9:30 p.m. Day 144 I was at my sister in laws for the Super Bowl and went out in the garage to grab a water bottle where the cigar and cigarette group hang out and watch the game and it hit me, I am a non smoker, I have absolutely no urge to be a smoker, I am so disconnected from smoking. Yahoo!!!!!!!!!

17 Comments
ladybug21

I bet you felt so proud of yourself !!! if you didn't, you should be !! hold your head high and shout your pride today!  i am only at day 24. last night was not that hard but yet it was. rather than go to my friend's house where she and her husband smoke in their living room and kitchen, i asked everyone to come to my house instead. they can go outside to smoke, i never smoked inside my house, and they all know the rules here and they all know i quit too. it wasn't too bad. had a lot of distractions with preparing the food and cleaning up and watching the game. i used a candy cane like a cig when the cravings came. but i did not smoke !!! yay.....ok so i have 120 more days until i feel like you did last night. thats 4 months.  oh boy. wish me luck. and again, so proud of you!

smorgy8513

You scared me!    When I first started reading I started worrying AND THEN......AND THEN....I read that you recognized the new you....a non-smoker!

Proud of you!

Keep it up!

Sharon  

cory-3-10-13

That is so wonderful Louise! Hooray!♥

Thomas3.20.2010
You won the Super Bowl!!!
nanawendy

Isn't freedon wonderful ??

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

JonesCarpeDiem

I'm glad you had your "knowing" moment.

Sandra3

Congratulations! 

ljguptill

Yay!!!!!!!

promise_judy

Touchdown for the non-smokers!  Congrats!

Judy

marilyn_marmac

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is something to be proud of!

You know you're on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back.

bmpruitt

That is awesome!  Today is day #1 for me:)

jonnyfry

Oh what a feeling.....Your ROCK.

SkyGirl

Oh, Louise, I feel so happy for you.  THIS is the moment I keep telling people that they will eventually have after quitting!  

Louise, your NEW NORMAL now fits you like a glove!  Congratulations!

XXXOOO,   Sky

YoungAtHeart

Your quit is looking better and better on you!  I am so glad you made it through all the rough patches.

It WAS worth it, wasn't it?!!

Nancy

Strudel

Wonderful - just wonderful Louise!!!!

joyeuxencore

Congrats! You did this:

lpears

THATS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was scared when I first saw the blog too! I was SO HAPPY when I read the end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a total inspiration! I'm on day 38 and sometimes get in a panic about I'll never stop thinking about smoking! Stories like this always remind me I'm early in the process and I will get there. Good for you Louise! I'm so happy to hear this! 

Everyones right! YOU won the super bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!