cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Is this normal

cheryl1956
0 9 114

well day 6 I feel weak,tired ,shackey and knees hurt,hard to breath is this all normal I need feed back thanks cheryl

9 Comments
pipster540

Sounds like a typical Day 6 to me....are you drinking LOTS of water?  Cranberry juice is good too, but you don't want to create spikes in your blood sugar levels.

Rest, Read, Re-Learn...

YOU CAN TOTALLY DO THIS..ya, know....

cheryl1956

thank you I am drinking lots of water,when will it get better ?

notsmokinganymore

This is quite normal.  Depending upon how long you smoked, it could last for several weeks.  I'm on Day 51 & still having some sinus/throat issues along with some aches & pains.  Still having a little dizziness.  The anxiety attacks are still here!!!

Keep drinking the water!!  You can get some Yogi herbal tea (common cold, sore throat or bedtime) to help you along the way.

I can send you some additional website links to read up on the after effects.

Hang in there!!!!  We're here for you!!

T

mike219

Yep and it does get better soon. For me it was like a thick fog for about 7 days and then it starts to clear up a little at a time. You hold fast Chery you are doing good and have the worst behind you. Mike

maggie_8-1-2010

http://www.whyquit.com/joel/dayzero.htm  sCROLL DOWN ABOUT HALF WAY to see what to expect in the beginning of a quit.

Congrats on 6 days! That's fantastic - keep going!  I stretched when the tensikon built up too much.

lynette9

Read up, Cheryl and listen to these folks....

Especially the link Maggie sent you. Also, www.quitsmokingonline.com is a good one, too.

Alan Carr's Easy Way to Quit is downloadable on Maggie's site, too.....

Study up and you'll see you're absolutely normal....

Did you fill out your profile page telling us how long you smoked and how much? This can help us support you....

Cheryl, this is absolutely doable, honest....

nomoresmokes2011

Your doing a great job, keep telling yourself. Get out and walk. Its a rough ride but it will be worth it when it gets easier, hang in there. Another smoke free day, Julie

laurie37

So glad you found the blogs! I know the first week is odd at best. But you'll feel lots better soon.:)

(((HUGS)))

johnbotkins

Welcome to becoming a non-smoker!!!

John