cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Is it rough? A little perspective perhaps.

JimTaddeo
0 4 4

All I have to do when, from time to time, I want to start being angry about conditions or politics is open up an article such as this and read it. I like to go back and take a peek into where we come from. This is not an article directly related to smoking but a personal set of descriptions related to the human condition of the relatively recent (couple hundred years) past.

If you have the time to read this http://www.mc.cc.md.us/Departments/hpolscrv/whiteser.html

I think it a great distraction and food for thought. It might even make placing our own wants, desires, and NEEDS in perspective. What we have today is unprecedented and should be cherished and yet.......we are not satisfied. I read this account last night and went to bed sincerely GRATEFUL. My troubles are few and damn sure nothing to smoke about! 

Imagine watching your loved ones in dying in the belly of a ship crossing the Atlantic and then having to throw them overboard only to arrive in the NEW WORLD to become little more than a slave. Incredible! I wonder if the collective unconscious remembers? 

Well then....work doesn't seem so bad.......but the prospects of the loss of FREEDOM is intolerable!

Have a GREAT SMOKE FREE DAY! CHOOSE FREEDOM!

Papa

4 Comments
About the Author
I spent the first forty two years of my life addicted to nicotine. Being born in the middle 1960's it was an extremely common and accepted part of and way of life. My mother smoked True Green's all of my life so I and everyone in the house smoked with her. I had a lot of breathing issues as a kid. I'm sure she smoked while she was pregnant. She died at forty two years of age. I bought my first pack of Marlboro's, Red's, over the counter the day she died, I was twelve. Bloody addiction and legal dope! I'm sure I wasted a huge chunk of change on them in my thirty year smoking career. I quit successfully thirty years later when I was forty two with the help of the EX and especially the support community. My counter is telling the truth and I'm a seriously grateful EX....smoker. I used to believe I would die a smoker, then I changed and now I KNOW I'm not a smoker. N.O.P.E. Not One Puff EVER....