cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Irritability!

justinb77
0 5 68

Hey does anyone know how long this lasts or any suggestions for dealing with it?  In just a couple of hours I have flipped from being happy-go-lucky/ready to seize the day, etc to just flat out angry.  I don't like taking it out on my nice fellow coworkers.  Can't wait for it to pass.  So far Day 3 has been the roughest 🙂

5 Comments
donna84

Day 3 was my worst day too- I hit 3 weeks as a nonsmoker yesterday- you can do it- just go to bed and before you know it  it will be day 4- that's the point where it starts to get a lot easier so take each day as it comes and do whatever you have to do to to remain a nonsmoker

mlkmgal

You are not alone, today is day 3 for me as well and I agree it has been the roughest for me too.  I have been taking a lot of deep breaths and trying to keep busy and that seems to be helping.  Hang in there its almost over.  We CAN do this. 

edith2

I was so scared of taking out my irrability on others.  In my head, I was screaming at the top of my lungs, but on the outside I was just real figity.  I didn't know what to do with my hands.  I didn't like day three at all.  But I had made a decision once I started my quit not to smoke no matter what.  It does get easier.  When you get a craving, think it through.  Think of the very temporary satisfaction quickly followed by remorse and feeling angry at yourself.  It's not worth it.  Keep going.

justinb77

Thank you for the responses!  Always good to hear from others in the same boat.  I powered through it and now tomorrow is a new day (Day 4 woo HOO!)

etrangen

It's tough not to take out your irritability on people... hitting the heavy bag at the gym can help clear that up.