Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Introduction? or something :)

kseller421
2 10 146

Hey there friends,

I am 25 years old, I live on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Not alot happens in my small town. I have my Masters degree in eduction however i cant find a job as a teacher. I currently work at Mercedes car plant building seats for a company called Faurecia. I am not your typically "girly girl" and I always grew up playing ball riding fourwheelers fishing and just anything outside. I am an easygoing person who loves to make people laugh! I  am currently in my countdown to stopping smoking. The uneasiness and fear has already began. I started smoking june of last year after my grandfather passed away. Im sure everyone has been there and knows how one or two a day turns into a pack very quickly just to cope with everyday stresses and life. I know there are no excuses and when it comes down to it I absolutely hate being addicted to cigs. I hate the way it makes my clothes smell, drys my mouth out, my friends hate it, my furbaby is allergic...the list goes on and on. I know that it will be tough but I just cant do this any longer. The addiction is haunting.

Hopefully reaching out to this community will help me in my journey.

Fayth 42 Peace & Love

10 Comments
Deena-A-Yenni

Goooood Morning and welcome to community.  There is a wealth of information to be had with your quit....and education is key to your quit.  It won't be as hard as you think it should be at all.

johio

Congratulations on making one of the best decisions of your life.....I like your list of why not to smoke (Clothes smell etc.) Write these reasons down and read them every day, or when you get a crave. It helps re-program your brain.

Stay active on this site and get involved helping other...it helps your quit.

Again....Welcome

Joe

constanceclum

Follow everything that is offered on this site from the education support and advice. Please save you lungs while you are lungs. Within a few yrs (maybe 10) your body will be as if you had never smoked.

I am pretty sure if you look nationally you would find a job teaching. Texas, Houston, has been recruiting our NC) teacher's because of higher pay and other bennies. There is nothing wrong with the job you have now but, wow, what an education you have and our youngsters definitly need good teachers.

Connie

JACKIE1-25-15

Good morning and Welcome to the Ex Team.  I saw your name yesterday.  Thank you for introducing yourself so well.  First of all you are correct.  It is easier to smoke than not smoke. It is as hard as you think it is to quit. If you take baby steps you will be able to walk and then run.  It is a journey and does not happen over night.  Since you have only been smoking for a very short period of time.  It should be easier for youSince you are schooled in education you should already know education will help. Read: Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking.  Checkout www.whyquit.com and that site Read:Freedom From Nicotine My JourneyHome. and Read: Nicotine Addiction 101.  Check out this site follow the steps.  Blog Read Ask Questions, Stay Close Enjoy your Journey. Remember you are not giving up anything when you quit smoking Sickerettes. We are here for you.  one day at a time.  

geronimo

Good for you!

Along with your great list of reasons to quit, make a list of reasons why you smoke. Really give some deep thought to what you are getting out of it. Think about the things on that list each time you smoke over the next few days. If after that, there is anything left of your list, post them on a blog here and we'll talk about them. It is really helpful to get to the point where you see you are giving up nothing when you put those filthy things down for good. 

Eric_L.

Bookending my days here and letting it all hang out has been a God send.  You can do this.  I also recommentd Alan Carr's Easy Guide to Quit Smoking.  Go to google and type it in with free .pdf and you should be able to find it.  It dispels the myths of why we all smoke.

You can do this.

TerrieQuit

That's right you will be giving up nothing! Cigarettes do nothing for us! They only do bad things to us. I am glad you are here and have made the decision to quit while you are still so young. The lists are a great idea! Keep coming here every day! Post a blog if you need anything!

Terrie  42  DOF

Terri103

Hey You!!  I am laughing.  When you start out your blog, it sounds like you are joining a dating site.  Mine started out the same way, I got to laughing and realized this is the opposite of a dating site.....we are here to learn how to break up with Nic!  We need support in our big break up!!  This is the place to do it.  You can share a meltdown, you can dance across the meadow.  No matter how you are feeling, we will be there for you. OK, seriously, you will find pretty quickly that they are some people here who are really paying the price for smoking too long.  They were afraid to quit, didn't think they had it in them.  You have so much ahead of you, and smoking just is NOT COOL

Strudel

Hello and welcome to the site! You have come to the right place! Be sure to learn all you can about this addiction - check out the free course at http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Sorry about not being able to find a teaching job. I am a retired teacher and I know there are shortages in various places in the U.S. - depending on your subject area. Have you considered relocating? 

No matter what - I know you can do this! Check out the reading and stick around here - keep blogging, and make a plan! 

kseller421

wow! I am super happy to hear all these encouraging responses and warm welcomes! My friends and family have basically shrugged off the fact that im attempting to quit "again" as they say. Then they didnt understand when i told them that I joined an online support group. But hey I mean I have to get support from somewhere. -=). I am not good at responding to each individual comment but I have read and thought about everything that yall said. One thing that stood out to me was writing down the reasons for smoking rather then just the negatives and reasons for not smoking. Ive never really thought about it from that perspective and I will have another blog coming soon after I reflect on that exact thought. Yall are all so sweet and thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Please add me on here and continue to give me any advice you can. At the moment I almost feel guilty for being on the site cuz technicvally I have not put down the cigs yet. I am staying focused though and reading up on other blogs and things people have to say. I truly think it will help me keep things in perspective. Another blog coming soon friends. Thanks again

Fayth 42 Peace & Love