Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Into the Light, day 128

Terri103
0 10 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7qLDizDYo

If you click or copy and paste the above link, it is Gloria Estefan singing Coming Out of the Dark.  And that is what I have been doing.  I am here to tell you that you can quit, you can hang on at times for dear life on the triple rollercoaster of depression, anxiety and quitting smoking and come out the other side, or out of the dark into the light!  It has been getting easier and easier to be a non smoker, and I feel a lightness.  I also feel so darn proud of myself!  I did it, and I am Doing it!!  I am open to new experiences, I am willing to take some risks for a chance at some joy and happiness in my life.  I feel much more positive and hopeful!  It wasn't that long ago that I sat in my car in front of the gas station, ready to go in and buy a pack of cigarettes.  I was so close.....and I think winning that one battle was the beginning of the end to Nic.  I didn't want to fight anymore.  I don't do that anymore.  Period.  End of story.  So I have wonderful things ahead of me!  I feel like a kid just a few days before Christmas!!  

So, because I have been there, and I am a smart girl, I will have some up and down days and twists and turns----hang on if you have a rough day, a rough week, or are going through a rough patch.  There IS lightness, and you will come out of the dark!  And you will be reminded that on a dark day in the future, the light is right around the corner.  Hang on to your quit.  Keep going forward.  There is so much good stuff down the path!!   

10 Comments