cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Interesting Smell...

AbasKid
2 8 22

There are 4 of us that work at Buckley Homestead-----we are known as The Buckley Babes. There is only one left smoking...

Standing around waiting for the school bus to show up today, I suddenely noticed the very strong smell of a cigarette. I turned around and, sure enough, the one was smoking.

What was interesting to me was 1. I did not begrudge her her smoke. 2. It didn't even smell very good to me and 3. I could really joke about it.

(We do have a joke about the word and attitude around "MINE" which is a very long story...)

I said to her "Oh! That's what I smell! I suppose I could ask to bum a cigarette, but you would just tell me I couldn't have one------you'd just say "NO MINE!"

We had a good laugh over it and she said--yeah-you're right! LOL 

I still don't think I'm happy over quitting, but evidently, I'm not all that interested in starting back up! The surprises just keep coming.

Hugs & Blessings

Sara

8 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Yup - you are getting this!  Good reaction!

I still, after 3+ years quit, like the smell of cigarette smoke wafting on a breeze.  Doesn't apply, though, to a smoker's house, or car, or clothes, or hair or hands.  I can't believe I allowed myself to smell like that - blech!

Nancy

bonniebee

If your think about all the benefits vs the negatives you may feel happier about quitting .Don't dwell on missing it change your thinking as soon as the romancing starts !

Congrats to you !

Legend

I'm glad you did not get triggered over it and smoke. 

elvan

I think you will get happier and happier as you get farther down the road from the beginning of your journey.  I had a lot of ups and downs at first and then the ups outweighed the downs by more and more!

I am happy FOR you!

JACKIE1-25-15

Just like smoking being happy is a choice. You can chose to be happy you can chose to be sad.

summer-07-06-15

when you jokeYou Did It ! Congratulations about smoking, than perhaps you are happy. Hurray

sparky26

Congrats , LoL , you're gettin there .

dee54

Just the thought of smoking right now, sounds so gross. I know what you mean. I had a dream I was smoking last night, it was terrible. I'm glad to hear you weren't tempted.