cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Insomnia and Everyday Travel.

CrazyQuitter
0 6 88

I have read a few blog posts about interrupted sleep patterns while quitting smoking. I pulled an all nighter last night and it only occurs once every couple of weeks. But it's not the only cause.

I think it's living in this house that stresses me out a bit, and the fact I have been flying recently bit aswell. my b/f needs to move out. So do I...as you all know.

As I am writing this I am trying to piece together why I get these sleepless nights and how I can solve them. I either can't sleep or can't get tired enough for me to want to go to bed. I do my relaxation techniques but sometimes they don't always work. Hopefully this passes soon and I don't know for how long. I have also tried warm milk with and without hunny a few times and sometimes that doesn't work. I have also tried eating a sandwhich before bed but that doesn't always work. I probably should have not been an idiot and just take my valerian suppliments. I made that choice not going to bed in the first place....kind of.

I was at the train station on my way to a government office yesterday and I saw two people smoking in a designated non smoking area at a train station. I thought about scabbing of one of them and having one. But now every-time I do think about it my body and my mind set is set to saying NO and I know how to think more than three times in the moment. From what I remember the whole person stank and I properly realize how ugly it is to see someone smoke.

Out of all this fuss I still managed to be 21 days without a cigarette and I still say HELL NO!

6 Comments
shaytyler187

Sometimes it's just the stress that causes the insomnia.So what happened is this. You came back from holiday and he was distressed and in turn it made you distressed. But you are strong and you can deal with it. My God think of what you have been thru  in the past!! 

You are on the road to being a non smoker. Think of how well you have done so far! Think of the concept of total wellness. This can be yours. 

Love and Hugs to my dearest.

JonesCarpeDiem

well i find that if i can't sleep, it's usually because my mind is cluttered with things and won't let me sleep.

what i do is empty it by writing those thoughts down and after an hour or so, i'm tired enough to sleep anf my

mind has no excuse to keep me awake.

i write songs in my sleep. seriously. i go to bed and the next morning a completed song is born. never sung, played

on an instrument or lyrics read or spoken. just done.

our minds are an amazing thing

CrazyQuitter

Shaytyler - yep that's my mum for yah! No jokes :O) Gotta love her! HUGS!

imadeer

and she doesn't even look to be 187. she must be doing something right

laurie37

I love reading your colorful blogs from down there in Australia! It will get lots easier and you WON'T keep wanting a cigarette! Very rarely I think how nice it would be to just smoke one lovely, long cigarette. Then I think "Laurie you idiot! They are not lovely, they are horrible! They stink and make my lungs hurt and I don't smoke any more." You are doing a great job! It will just keep getting easier and better!

(((HUGS)))

CrazyQuitter

yeah it sure is getting easier everyday, Laurie! I remember in my first week I had to literally fight my cravings, which was like wrestling a bear or fighting in the war. I think that by my quit date I really will switch from nicotine gum to ordinary sugar free gum. Hopefully I'll feel ready to do that then! HUGS BACK!

@Ima deer - yeah its a bit hard to tell how old my mum is. But age is only a statistic really. The best thing about older people in this world is that they can tell you their life experiences to young people and young people can learn from them as well as their own experiences. HUGS!

:O)

About the Author
I first started smoking in around 2008 after a horrendous break up. I don't know why I did in the first place. I resent this decision to this date. Now I am free and continue to stay off the cigs! I currently work as a kitchenhand and write music!