cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In the ER, not the way I wanted this night to go

mpnaegle
1 43 515

Ok...so my coughing has gotten progressively worse.  I was going to go to an urgent care tonight, but they’re closed.  So I came to the emergency room.  I’m scared, I don’t want this cold or flu to get any worse.  They’re going to run some tests, chest x-ray, not sure what else.  I feel horrible, physically and emotionally I’m scared right now.  I hope a bed opens up soon and I can get these tests done.  I am not going to smoke.  Breathing is way more important to me right now.  My health is more important to me.  It’s the most important thing.  I just need to find out what is going on.  I’m in one of the best hospitals in the world, Cedars-Sinai here in LA.  Being here is bringing back a lot of painful memories.  My partner died in this hospital 5 years ago.  There are a million people in this waiting room.  I’m probably going to be here all night.  Anyway I just wanted to reach out.  Hugs for now, Mark

43 Comments
About the Author
I have smoked on and off (mostly on) for the last twenty years...quit in 2010 and was successful for 3 1/2 years. Then my husband died in January 2014, so I caved and started up again...now, over 7 years later, I want to be done for good!!!! This quit is IT.