cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In honour of Sheri's request !

linda.mustafa
0 13 63

Most of you know me by now but for those who don't  I'm Linda and I've quit smoking 2 months ago.

Today we celebrating Sheri's (dancingthroughlife) one year milestone and I would like to congratulate her and wish her all the best.

To talk about yourself is never easy, I think other people always see things in you that as an individual I probably don't , however I can honestly say that since I've started this journey I'm having more time to think about myself.

I'm good with people, I like listening to them , I'm a good friend who will help if needed, I'm a good mother who adores her children and wants the best for them.

I used to enjoy writing poetry, short stories etc and I'm starting to think of new ideas, my head is getting clearer, day by day I'm seeing positivity in ones struggle not just doom and gloom.

I always knew I had it in me but for far too long I did not look after myself, I mean properly , I gave wrong people too many chances to waste my time, gave them options where the only option should have been my well being.

This site and the people I've met here are an inspiration to me, they are a daily dose of truth and reality and I would like to thank all of you out there for listening , supporting and encouraging me everyday !

I'm celebrating my free spirit and my strenght to carry on and move forward in life, to cherish what I already have and respect every breath I take.

Respect and love to all of you 🙂

13 Comments
Giulia

annb
Celebrating with you Linda! So glad you are here traveling close with me!!! Have a wonderful day!!!!oxox
linda.mustafa

Thank you Giulia 🙂

Thank you Ann, I'm so glad we are here together, have a beautiful day 🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations On Your Attitude  and Your Quit.

Ms.J_11-10-2013

A daily dose of truth  and reality ~ I like that.

Jackie

linda.mustafa

Thank you Jackie and Dale 🙂

capitalDistrict

congratulations!!! that it only keeps getting better is the best part!

moody_9-18-13

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with those of us who came here to learn how to quit successfully.  Quitting smoking is a journey of self discovery.  Good job, Linda! 

pir8fan

ConGrats on your great Quititude! I am glad that you are part of this community!

elvan

Linda, congratulations to you and kudos for sharing that about yourself.  You're right, it's never easy to talk about ourselves but you did a great job.  

zackie09_51214

Linda, congratulations and thank you for sharing about yourself, I have had many of the same thoughts. I too used to write poetry, a lot of creative writing. The nicotine when consistently being put into your body completely alters everything not just physically but psychologically as well; More so actually because it's something we don't realize. I have made it through my first three weeks. I'm starting to notice and realize different things daily. Feeling like I have a more clear head. Also I came here for help to quit smoking. To learn, and I found so much more. Friends such as you, more support then I could ever imagine. It can be very hard to talk about ourselves. But if we do...it helps us find our trueselves. Quitting smoking is just the first step in a long road to rediscovery. And you have done a marvelous job about talking about yourself. You are a very good person, with an even better soul! You are blessed, this site not only made me realize that there are others like me out there... but it is also helping restore my faith in humanity. That this world, no matter how far apart still has good people

SimplySheri

Isn't it exciting to grow through our quits, Linda?  You are doing a bang-up job, my friend!!  Congratulations on your remarkable quit and I so very much appreciate the kind, gentle soul you are now.  You seem extremely creative so may you focus on that and find comfort in your quit.  Thank you bunches for this....it was lovely!

linda.mustafa
You're very welcome Sheri , thank you for your kind words 🙂